Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snare Lever, (switch)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Snare Lever, (switch)

    Do any of you guys think it would be possible to design some DIY contraption that would worl like a real snare lever and mount it onto the existing pads for play with the new TDW20 expansion board???

    Just a crazy idea here!!



  • #2
    Absolutely RAJ, with the new expansion of course You would just need to send a foot switch signal to your module. The switch you speak of would just have to plug into the foot switch input on your module. Best of luck with it dude
    "Today young men on acid realised that all matter is purely energy condensed to a slow vibration; That we are all of one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively; There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. Here's Tom with the weather"...

    TD-20 + TMC-6 + VF-1 + Gen16's = Not enough inputs.
    Watch me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLqt6zaAYkY

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RAJ View Post
      Do any of you guys think it would be possible to design some DIY contraption that would worl like a real snare lever and mount it onto the existing pads for play with the new TDW20 expansion board???

      Just a crazy idea here!!
      Not a crazy idea at all. I have already designed mine in preparation for the arrival of my TDW20

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SuperPuss View Post
        Not a crazy idea at all. I have already designed mine in preparation for the arrival of my TDW20
        Oh, sounds cool, then do tell if you dare... hehehe

        Kidding, i am already aware of the footswitch deal, even have one, i mean i use that now for my open and closed HH controls...

        Nah, what i was thinking of was something more mechanical for the snare and not just another footswitch... I curently use the Roland???? sharks, sorry at work, forgot the model that has capabilities for two inputs?

        Anyways, any ideas would be cool, circut diagrams, and materials for the mechanical type lever...
        btw, Really love your setup, and really jelous, i mean, less than a year and you got it all... hehehe, been playing for 30 odd years took me a life time to get to where i wanna be, just wanna add a few more bells and whistles...

        Incedently, move to Japan from Melbourne city girl!!!

        Anywaz, no wowwies mate, back to work here!!


        Comment


        • #5
          I've heard good things about Japan and have plans to visit and see for myself some day (hopefully soon).
          I was working with Lloyd Spiegel at a gig tonight and he was telling me all about his time in Japan and working the music scene there. It all sounded very enticing.

          Originally posted by RAJ View Post
          ........Nah, what i was thinking of was something more mechanical for the snare and not just another footswitch... I curently use the Roland???? sharks, sorry at work, forgot the model that has capabilities for two inputs?.......
          My plans are for a snare control that mounts on the snare just like an acoustic one. That will then plug into the footswitch jack on my TD20.
          I'm going to wait for my card to arrive before I post any details though because I need to know how the card will work with the footswitch before I finalise my design.

          Comment

          Working...
          X