Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alesis Trigger Io just for DIY add ons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alesis Trigger Io just for DIY add ons.

I purchased the Io mainly for testing purposes. Although IMO it is somewhat limited as the main building foundation for the E kit. I find it an economical add on tool, especially for adding on multiple single zone pads to that filled up drum module. All but the ride input are easily splittable using a standard insert splitter(no special DIY splitter necessary).

So even though I don't really need this.... well, at the price it might as well sit below my main modules with the MIDI cable patched in..... beaconing silently....... add-on, plenty of inputs open!
    Attached Files
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
    So even though I don't really need this.... well, at the price it might as well sit below my main modules with the MIDI cable patched in..... beaconing silently....... add-on, plenty of inputs open!

For some reason J I have no doubt you will find or make something to do just that.

Comment

J...your mount is much longer than mine
      chris :D

Comment

Originally posted by bogiesbad View Post
        It was only a matter of time before we were reduced to these types of "mines longer than yours" of contests!

Comment

Originally posted by bogiesbad View Post
          They say size is not important, as long as it still works Chris Mine is made of steel and I'm hoping to get a few more years out of it.
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

ahh the infamous washing machine :-)

Jokes apart J. .. found the same thing .. great to add some extra pads around ... for cheap...

Pim
            Roland TD50, Roland PM30 and KC 550 Studio Capture /Dell XPS I7 32GB RAM Reaper,Superior Drummer,BFD3 (all exp. packs),SSD5 Ezdrummer 2, XLN Addictive Drums

Comment

Hey Jman,

Although IMO it is somewhat limited as the main building foundation for the E kit. I find it an economical add on tool, especially for adding on multiple single zone pads to that filled up drum module.
              I don't own one of these but was thinking of getting one once my GAS kicks in and I decide I don't have enough things to hit. But seriously, would you mind elaborating on why you only suggest it as an "add-on" tool and do you think it wouldn't work well for stereo inputs?

Thanks,
              Dan

Comment

Originally posted by lidrummer View Post
                Hey Jman,

I don't own one of these but was thinking of getting one once my GAS kicks in and I decide I don't have enough things to hit. But seriously, would you mind elaborating on why you only suggest it as an "add-on" tool and do you think it wouldn't work well for stereo inputs?

Thanks,
                Dan
                Hi Dan: Although I never went into an in depth review of the Io... this thread pretty well describes why I would go with a TD module as my main base, whether I was triggering module sounds or samples. Just my opinion obviously.

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40995

Comment

Hey Jman,

Excellent thread over there. Answered a lot of questions.
                  Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X