Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IDEA: toggle switch for snare wiring to be Roland / other compatible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDEA: toggle switch for snare wiring to be Roland / other compatible

I'm progressing to wiring the piezos on my DYI. I don't currently own a Roland module, but may some day. Or the next owner of my kit might. It would be nifty to install a toggle switch mounted by the TRS jack that could simply flip the head piezo wiring. However, I have no idea what switch would accomplish this. And neither do the bozos at my local Radio Shack. And thus I throw this idea out to the gurus here for thier thoughts.

I do realize it would be simple to resolder the wires. But it would also be cool to have a $2 switch do that work for me. And the next guy down the line might not be capable of resoldering the wires.

Originally posted by Gastric View Post
    I do realize it would be simple to resolder the wires. But it would also be cool to have a $2 switch do that work for me. And the next guy down the line might not be capable of resoldering the wires.
    Try using quick disconnect crimp terminals.
    chris :D

Comment

Bah! Too simple!

I want a cool toggle switch. Actually probably some sort of low profile slider switch so it can't get bumped accidentally. Then I have to figure out how to produce a professional looking label for the switch.

Comment

You want a double pull, double throw switch - DPDT. These are often used for polarity reversing. In fact, some of them only have 4 posts are are internally wired for polarity reversal.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gastric View Post
          I'm progressing to wiring the piezos on my DYI. I don't currently own a Roland module, but may some day. Or the next owner of my kit might. It would be nifty to install a toggle switch mounted by the TRS jack that could simply flip the head piezo wiring. However, I have no idea what switch would accomplish this. And neither do the bozos at my local Radio Shack. And thus I throw this idea out to the gurus here for thier thoughts.

Putting in a switch for polarity is something I have done for some time. TriggerThis had the coolest diagram for this very thing. The diagram also shows sensitivity switches which I have also used in the past. Here is a link to that post:
          http://vdrums.com/forum/showpost.php...1&postcount=31
          alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Working...
          X