Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY Edrum links outside the US. Here's the place for your links, materials, etc.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Edrum links outside the US. Here's the place for your links, materials, etc.

Right, so i keep struggling to find materials mentioned on here because the majority seem to be from shops based in the US.

this thread is for myself and anyone else in the UK to share the suppliers and materials they have used or found.

Cones -

i so far have just gone for the sandblock type cone. i got mine from wilkinsons but i think you can get them a little cheaper from markets etc.. (there is a seller on ebay that does cones but i haven't tried them yet, UFO or something like that)

Mesh Heads -

Tdrum, i have three of these and i'm pleased with them only had a month so can't comment on durability.
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/tdrum_th12.htm (it will be shipped from Germany but checkout the full website, lots of edrum stuff and cheap so you can make it worthwhile)

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Arcade-Music - arcade music usually have some, i have one. its a bit thicker than the Tdrum ones but only time will tell if that better.

Rim Silencer -

i found some rubber U-Channel on ebay but the seller no longer uses ebay. i have messaged him about the product and he would still be happy for custom so give him a shout andy-whitlock@tiscali.co.uk and quote 'BenCTheMusicMan from ebay put me onto you about your rubber U-Channel' (or something similar, and no i'm not on commission)

bits and bobs, screws, bolts, rubber washers - wilkinsons

Thats all i can think of for now so i best get back to work!

• JQ85
    replied
    Hi folks. I currently am triggering an 18inch Zildjian L80 with good effect. I'm using a clear plastic cymgard that I got with the trigger.

2 things can anyone give an online Link to where I could buy some more clear cymgard like this online. Also a link to the clear sticky sheets of plastic you all use to dampen your cymbals?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• fletch4x
    replied
    https://www.redwoodplastics.com
    http://www.canadarubbergroup.com​​​​​​

These are both Rubber suppliers in Canada that sell to the general public and will cut to size within reason for your Gum rubber or other rubber products. I just got a 4ftx4ft 1/16 " thick piece of Neoprene for $35 Cad from CRG
    Last edited by fletch4x; 03-23-19, 07:43 PM. Reason: Poor grammar. Stupid autocorrect

Leave a comment:

• thedrummer101
    replied
    Originally posted by redtide View Post

Until now I haven't used any Poron except an original Roland cone for my snare, only EPDM, you need to contact Sogimi group and check for an agent near you from one of their affiliated companies.
    Yes, I know them and actually they don't sell small material order for testing and so on...
    How is the EPDM with Roland sound module?

Leave a comment:

• redtide
    replied
    Originally posted by thedrummer101 View Post

Do you have any detailed information about the Italian shop that sell the Poron? Do you also have some spare Poron to send me? If you like we can discuss in private
    Until now I haven't used any Poron except an original Roland cone for my snare, only EPDM, you need to contact Sogimi group and check for an agent near you from one of their affiliated companies.
    Last edited by redtide; 11-08-18, 12:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• thedrummer101
    replied
    Originally posted by redtide View Post

It seems Poron is a bit expensive here in Europe; here in Italy the less expensive one is about 130 euro for a square meter with adhesive and I asked already in Germany, Hungary and UK resellers. Anyway I think I'll try soon to make some, meanwhile I did some for myself using soft EPDM foam.
    Do you have any detailed information about the Italian shop that sell the Poron? Do you also have some spare Poron to send me? If you like we can discuss in private

Leave a comment:

• Myrk-
    replied
    Just a heads up we revised the Myrk- Instruments membrane switches to include a 3M adhesive backing to make it really quick and easy to install! Find them on ebay or private msg me here on the forum (based in UK but ship globally to all locations).

Leave a comment:

• redtide
    replied
    Originally posted by x.x.x.x.x.x View Post
    I'd like to make some cones, but I don't find any Poron seller like McMaster-Carr in Europe
    It seems Poron is a bit expensive here in Europe; here in Italy the less expensive one is about 130 euro for a square meter with adhesive and I asked already in Germany, Hungary and UK resellers. Anyway I think I'll try soon to make some, meanwhile I did some for myself using soft EPDM foam.

Leave a comment:

• DGillespie
    replied
    Anyone know of a current UK supplier of cones?

Leave a comment:

• x.x.x.x.x.x
    replied
    I'd like to make some cones, but I don't find any Poron seller like McMaster-Carr in Europe

Leave a comment:

• Myrk-
    replied
    For those needing curved membrane edge switches (dual zone / choke capability) for doing DIY cymbals I sell them on this forum in a range of sizes, as well as bell sizes. Check out the thread:

https://www.vdrums.com/forum/marketp...or-diy-cymbals

(As for the foam cones the company I was dealing with went bust! haha... Nevermind, might bring this back if people want it enough.)
    Last edited by Myrk-; 10-08-16, 02:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The_JinJ
    replied
    5mm PVC tubing for rim silencer/protection

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...d=120972864249

No affiliation to seller, just a decent price.

Leave a comment:

• Chrescht
    replied
    When you need cheap foam cones let me know.
    I have a special machine to make them.
    If you need trigger Platforms let me also know.

Greetings

Chrescht

Leave a comment:

• Myrk-
    replied
    I don't have any Roland foam cones so had to go off some measurements I found online. Gave the company my new drawing (see attached) and should be receiving 10 free samples in the next few days. If they are really good I should be able to sell them over the forum for cheaper than any other cone out there.
    Last edited by Myrk-; 01-29-16, 03:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Myrk-
    replied
    Yer I know, proper diddy little things eh? I assume they must be for pads like the Roland PD-85 where the depth is much shallower so doesn't accomodate a full sized cone. Really this small size isn't great use to me in my current designs, but I will try one out to see if having a smaller cone improves performance. I notice rolands cones are very tall, and if you are a hard hitter the top nipple part of the cone moves slightly when you hit your mesh head (this is a Roland drum I'm talking about, not a self build!). I always thought a wider nipple or a larger diamater than height may correct this.

Sounds like I'll go for a TD-20 or something eventually then... or maybe a TD-10 EXP (honestly I think the TD-10EXP sounds better live than the TD-20... call me crazy but this was discussed 5 or so years ago and I believe the general consensus agreed!) I already have enough other gear to learn to use at the moment (the SynthAxe, my Roland JD-XA, my MiniNova, my newest Korg Sampler purchase... all bought in the last few months - arg I have serious GAS for all musical equipment hahahaha).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X