Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making a Stand for a Remo Pad Bass Drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a Stand for a Remo Pad Bass Drum

I have already converted a Remo practice pad into a trigger. I would like to use it for a bass drum. What is the easiest design for a bass drum stand for the pad. The pad has a screw socket in the back, which I figure would be enough to hold the pad in place. thanks.

Originally posted by buckythakid View Post
    I have already converted a Remo practice pad into a trigger. I would like to use it for a bass drum. What is the easiest design for a bass drum stand for the pad. The pad has a screw socket in the back, which I figure would be enough to hold the pad in place. thanks.
    Welcome to the forum.
    I just saw sometging that might be of interest on the Pearl forums yesterday. Check it out here:
    http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...p?p=1852689573

Not very pretty, but it might be a starting point.

Comment

yeah, what Colquhoun posted would be pretty easy to build. Then just head over to the hardware store and find a bolt that would be the right size for the pad and screw it right in.
      Is this going on a rack? If so, there's actually a base drum "mount" that's meant to go with the Remo practice kit. I'm currently selling mine if you want it! (the whole kit that is)
      Stick twirling - because you obviously have mastered all other aspects of drumming already, right?

Comment

thanks. that design looks like it will work. problem is that im a little inept at wood work.

ill see if i can figure it out though

Comment

A little expensive, but might be worth not having to build it out of wood...
          Gibraltar Bass Drum Pad

edit: found a Promark one that might work, at just over $40.
          Promark bass pad
          and the funny thing is, it looks EXACTLY like the Pearl bass pad that goes for $70:
          Pearl bass pad
          Last edited by Colquhoun; 06-13-08, 03:39 PM.

Comment

It would be even easier to get a downward beater and make a simple holder for it.
            I would suggest a 6" remo pad and just get a wedge of wood with an L aluminum plate to secure the pedal onto. It also would be more stable than the other options. Don't forget to put heavy duty velcro (prong side) on the bottom of the wedge.

Comment

Working...
            X