Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Testing DIY triggers through a TD-20 but going to use a Trigger IO...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing DIY triggers through a TD-20 but going to use a Trigger IO...??

I have access to a TD-20 module (from our church) that I can use to test my DIY triggers as I get them built. But will the piezo wiring to the jacks be compatible with both a TD-20 and with the Alesis Trigger IO? Because I'll ultimately be using the Trigger IO going into my computer and not the TD-20.

Or, I may want to one day bring my DIY kit up to the church and just plug into the TD-20 instead of using the Roland pads.

Does the piezo/jack wiring matter going from one to the other ??

Gear: TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Shouldnt matter as long as you selet PP in the setup on the IO.
    All inputs on the IO are dual, so single or dual shouldnt matter.

Comment

The TD-20 dual inputs I think require a keith raper circuit - with the 100 ohm resister on the 'rim' input. The IO doesn't need this. I use a standard stereo to dual (tip/ring) splitters to get 2 single input pads to a dual input on the IO. It is my understanding that this WON'T work on a TD-20. If that is true, then there is a difference. Any reason you don't have the IO? it's pretty cheap. And, I've heard some issues with Roland pads working on the IO. If you test your pads on the TD-20 and get them to work, it might be problematic. I would really suggest getting an IO and testing it on the hardware you are going to use.

If it were the other way around, cost is a factor, but the IO is pretty affordable.

Here's a current thread with a similar question:
      http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40817
      Alesis DM10 & Trigger IO, 5 8" single input DIY shells; 2 18" DIY Bass drums, 1 13" DIY eSnare, PinTech 14" Visulaite Hi-Hats, 2 PinTech 14" choke-able crashes & 18" dual-zone ride; Steven Slate Drums EX. Mounted on Superstrut custom rack.
      sigpichttp://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=353

Comment

Working...
      X