Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A to E conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A to E conversion

hy guys!!
    yours opinions to convert thiss a kit to e drum
    its basix custom maple birch 8,10,12,14 & 22" kit
    ?????????
    Attached Files

That is a lovely kit. Do it now! Grab yourself a decent module or VSt setup and you will not be disappointed.

Comment

Perfect...you can get twice as many if you slice 'em in half...
      Seriously there is no reason not to convert them...leave 'em whole if you must
      chris :D

Comment

Very nice kit.

In my (conservative) opinion, it would be a real shame to do anything to damage this kit.

Have you considered just using mesh heads, the Roland add-on triggers and a module?

Comment

I personally think those look way too nice (and expensive) to permanently modify for an E-kit. But maybe you could find (or make) a good trigger that doesn't involve drilling into the shells or pressing metal brackets into the bearing edges.
          Last edited by cheapthrill; 05-29-08, 08:20 PM. Reason: typo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrill View Post
            I personally think those look way too nice (and expensive) to permanently modify for an E-kit. But maybe you could find (or make) a good trigger that doesn't involve drilling into the shells or pressing metal brackets into the bearing edges.
            Examples abound on the DIY forum...no need to damage or alter the shells.
            chris :D

Comment

As Chris said there is no need to damage the drums when converting .... been done many times. The Basix drums are a very nice value. The price is very nice and they are a great conversion candidate.... matter of fact Ceagles did that same finish Nov. of 07:
              http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=771
              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Nice looking kit!

Are Basix made by DW, or have you just subbed the front kick skin?
                Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

thanks guys

no im not gonna to cut the shells in half,,my god!!
                  im gona put the mesh heads on shels and trigers
                  and gona use the ts-12 module
                  just i have a problem vith cymbals,need acoustic cymbs conversion
                  to look realistic!!
                  hass enybody try to put the layer of 0.5 aluminium to the botom off cymbs
                  and polish it??

Comment

no basix are made in germany
                    I have just a sticker on my bass drumm

Comment

Working...
                    X