Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game port to MIDI cable pinout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game port to MIDI cable pinout?

Does anyone have diagram to make up a Game Port to MIDI cable?

I am waiting on my USB->MIDI cable to arrive, but its been suggested that I could go on and use my main PC (which has a sound card/MIDI interface) already just to install the VEX kits that I want.

This is a brilliant idea, but I am having trouble finding how to make the cable.

I have the connectors (15pin D-type and some DIN plugs).. I also have the pinouts of the connectors.. But I am a bit nervous of working out the cable myself.. Just incase I get the polarity wrong, or the Input/Outputs the wrong way around...

Does anyone know of a 'diagram' which explains the pinout of the cable that I need?

Jon

you will need a couple parts using this one but it should protect your computer.

http://www.borg.com/~jglatt/hardware/pc_intfc.htm

I haven't tried it but it looks to be good

Dave
    Remo practice pad mesh conversion, Pearl Export A2E mesh, Pintech and TKO A2E cymbals, Roland TD-8, 1.5 eDrum trigger to midi converters (edrum.info), Alesis DM5's, Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal. 6 200watt EV SH1502 speakers, 200watt Crate Bass amp, ASUS P5Q Mobo, 8Gb ram, q6600 Core2 Quad, 3 TB's of hard drives, ATI 3870 video, dual 22" monitor's. This stuff is FUN!

one of my kits http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...hlight=zdavesf

Comment

I have tried it, and it works. I think this is the exact same website where I found the same schematics 10 years ago when I built mine!

Comment

Working...
      X