Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alien skin 2 ply mesh heads at ufo.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien skin 2 ply mesh heads at ufo.com

Are the Alien skin 2 ply mesh heads at ufo.com similar to the discontinued 2 ply Hart dynamics heads. They are both black. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with those heads. I have the 2 ply black Harts on my kit and I need one more 12" head for an additional tom.

Thanks
    Roland TD-8 Mod, DIY burgandy Mapex drums 12" snare, 8" 10" and 12" rack toms, 14" rack floor tom, 22" Bass drum , 3 cy-15r cymbals, one for the ride 2 for the crashes and cy-14c for hi hat.

Songs i've recorded using my old TD-7

My drum kit

The Alien skin 2 ply is plain black. I've got a couple and am very happy with them. They're heaps better than the meshead.com heads UFO is clearing.
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

I have the Alienskin two-ply heads on all four of my toms, and the single-ply hart Magnums on my snare and bass triggers. The Alienskin's are a very fine mesh, approximately as fine (threads per inch) as the roland heads, but it seems like the mesh is made of a finer thread than the Rolands, thus they feel a little lighter. I do not have any experience with the double-ply Harts, but I notice the single-ply Harts have a noticeably coarser weave. Sorry if this does not directly answer your question, but hopefully it fills in some of the info you're looking for.

Personal preference: I really like the Hart single-ply, ESPECIALLY on my snare, but the UFO's work fine on the toms. The Hart single-ply, IMHO, has great feel, and I think the coarser weave gives it great response for brush sweeps (even better than Roland). I think it all comes down to what you like at this point.
      Roland TD-10exp, DIY 13" snare, DIY toms, DIY mesh Bass Trigger, Roland CY-15r, CY-8, CY-5, and Pintech PC cymbals

Comment

Working...
      X