Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Piezo Snare ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Piezo Snare ??

Thanks to eveyone in the forum, I'm finally making the push to build. Parts en route. A couple questions though, that I had trouble hashing out in the search engine...

1. To build a four piezo snare (crossbar variety, 14"), how is everyone wiring the rim piezos to the jack -- four sets of wires coming into the ring/sleeve? Or are you combining these wires prior to the actual soldering to the jacks. I have a copy of the Roland wiring diagram (opposite head, rim polarity) and I will stick to it.

2. Are you soldering the angel hair piezo wires to the jack or are you using thicker gauge speaker wire? If I solder angel hair to thicker speaker wire, do I use just twist together, dab with solder and then shrink wrap?

3. Is everyone still using 27mm head and 35mm rim piezos, or have you found better results switching these around.

For clarity Im converting a mixed wood ludwig 14 snare for use with td-20. I have cui and pui piezos in the 27 with wires, but only pui in the 35 with no lead wires. I'm probably only going to use one piezo on my 4 toms, so not an issue as much. Thanks for the help. V

Here's some good info on 14" w/4 piezos.

2. Yes...heat the wires sufficiently to allow the solder to flow into the twist...don't just dab.

3. I use 35's for head and rim and would suggest them for the larger snare but I know others have succes with both sizes.

I use the same piezos Jman links in the lick stinky.
    Good luck with it
    chris :D

Comment

Originally posted by bogiesbad View Post
      lick stinky
      Your Freudian slip is showing bogie
      Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Originally posted by bogiesbad View Post
        lick stinky.
        Good luck with it
        Wait just a minute..... It is not good luck to "lick stinky"
        I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
          Your Freudian slip is showing bogie
          Uhhh...must have been a keyboard malfunction...yeah...that's it

Originally posted by Jmanword
          Wait just a minute..... It is not good luck to "lick stinky"
          Well...one time at band camp it was...
          chris :D

Comment

Working...
          X