Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floor Tom to rack mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Tom to rack mount?

Anyone mounting the floor toms to racks and if so what clamp are you using. I have a Gibraltar rack and wanted to use some room on the right side for a
    mounted floor tom.

OK, so just how big is this floor tom?

Comment

16"x16" Standard Ludwig floor tom.

Comment

I did this on my kit. I flipped the drum upside down and switched the batter and resonance head. Then I left two of the floor tom leg brackets on the drum and removed the third. I used two L-rods that I mounted to my rack to hang the floor tom by the leg brackets. It works great, plus I was able to raise it to the same height as my rack tom beside it. Hope this helps!

Comment

I know Gibraltar and others make suspension systems that connect to your tom via the tension rods. No modification necessary. I just remember them being a tad expensive.
          sigpic

Comment

these should work

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

or

Need to find something? Let the Musician's Friend site map guide you to the products you're looking for.

and then you need either a floor tom mount or somthing to go on it... not sure how sturdy a 16" one would be though... but if they make them it must be ok? (or am i just being naive?)

Dave
            Remo practice pad mesh conversion, Pearl Export A2E mesh, Pintech and TKO A2E cymbals, Roland TD-8, 1.5 eDrum trigger to midi converters (edrum.info), Alesis DM5's, Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal. 6 200watt EV SH1502 speakers, 200watt Crate Bass amp, ASUS P5Q Mobo, 8Gb ram, q6600 Core2 Quad, 3 TB's of hard drives, ATI 3870 video, dual 22" monitor's. This stuff is FUN!

one of my kits http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...hlight=zdavesf

Comment

I have similar mounts on my 'big' kit. Works perfectly well with a 16" ft. However, when I have my kit in a 2 down config, I find it saggs a bit too much on the stand I use so I'm going to invest in a set of rim mounted legs. Its fine if I only have 1 floor tom, but for some reason when its on the extra stand it just slopes down too much and makes placement a pain. If I had a rack it'd be completely different but I dont have the money for one of those as well!

Comment

Thanks guys!!! I'm working on my second A toE conversion and I went with full sized shells this time.

Comment

English would be prefered!

Comment

Working...
                  X