Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floor Tom to rack mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Tom to rack mount?

Anyone mounting the floor toms to racks and if so what clamp are you using. I have a Gibraltar rack and wanted to use some room on the right side for a
    mounted floor tom.

OK, so just how big is this floor tom?

Comment

16"x16" Standard Ludwig floor tom.

Comment

I did this on my kit. I flipped the drum upside down and switched the batter and resonance head. Then I left two of the floor tom leg brackets on the drum and removed the third. I used two L-rods that I mounted to my rack to hang the floor tom by the leg brackets. It works great, plus I was able to raise it to the same height as my rack tom beside it. Hope this helps!

Comment

I know Gibraltar and others make suspension systems that connect to your tom via the tension rods. No modification necessary. I just remember them being a tad expensive.
          sigpic

Comment

these should work

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...tem?sku=444639

or

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...unt?sku=446161

and then you need either a floor tom mount or somthing to go on it... not sure how sturdy a 16" one would be though... but if they make them it must be ok? (or am i just being naive?)

Dave
            Remo practice pad mesh conversion, Pearl Export A2E mesh, Pintech and TKO A2E cymbals, Roland TD-8, 1.5 eDrum trigger to midi converters (edrum.info), Alesis DM5's, Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal. 6 200watt EV SH1502 speakers, 200watt Crate Bass amp, ASUS P5Q Mobo, 8Gb ram, q6600 Core2 Quad, 3 TB's of hard drives, ATI 3870 video, dual 22" monitor's. This stuff is FUN!

one of my kits http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...hlight=zdavesf

Comment

I have similar mounts on my 'big' kit. Works perfectly well with a 16" ft. However, when I have my kit in a 2 down config, I find it saggs a bit too much on the stand I use so I'm going to invest in a set of rim mounted legs. Its fine if I only have 1 floor tom, but for some reason when its on the extra stand it just slopes down too much and makes placement a pain. If I had a rack it'd be completely different but I dont have the money for one of those as well!

Comment

Thanks guys!!! I'm working on my second A toE conversion and I went with full sized shells this time.

Comment

English would be prefered!

Comment

Working...
                  X