Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey... have you seen these before????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey... have you seen these before????

from DDRUM..

http://www.dunnett.com/messe2008/images/ddt2.jpg

I don't think those are from ddrum. I think they are from a German company called DDT. Here is a link from DrumTec that looks the same:
    http://www.osc.drum-tec.de/ddt-digit...-08-p-468.html

-SD-

Comment

More info directly from DDT:
      http://www.axis-online.de/html/truss.html

-SD-

Comment

Wow! Nothing like ripping off the ideas of guys whoshare info on good faith!

That is totally this forum's design!

DIY E-Pearl Rhythm Traveler
        Roland & Yamaha cymbals, DrumKAT TURBO 4.5, PoleKATs, TD-20

My Pink Floyd The Wall Tribute band - "Beyond The Wall"

all original CD with previous band - Rhyme & Reason

Comment

Isn't the cone a Roland patent?
          Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
            Dunno how this goes, but patent law is definitely dif. in Europe ....
            I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
            Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
              Exactly what I was asking myself.

My next question was, how long before they get sued ?

Comment

JMan, I'm pretty sure Roland has a patent on the cone for every coutries in the universe! (drumming universe that is)

Comment

I think the patent is on the entire system as a whole, including a double-ply mesh head (?) - not just the cone. But I didn't go look at the patent.
                  Alan
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

I am not sure why, but they remind me of model planes in a case at a hobby shop.
                    sigpic

Comment

Kind of looks like Michael Beatbik's design right down to the plate and isolation setup.
                      www.EDrumForum.com Going to be strictly a DIY e Drum Community

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=198

Comment

Originally posted by Rain Man View Post
                        Wow! Nothing like ripping off the ideas of guys whoshare info on good faith!

That is totally this forum's design!
                        I'm not saying it wasn't ripped off from this forum, however, there has been a guy selling a similar thing on eBay (that he makes himself) for a few years now. I also came up with a similar idea several years a ago. That was before I knew of this forum. After I saw this post I had to dig out my old sketches and there it was. The sketch is not dated, but it is with other sketches that were date 2003.

hang-convert001.jpg

I would have to agree with KnipeDrums that it does look a lot like Beatbik's design.
                        alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hellfire View Post
                          I'm not saying it wasn't ripped off from this forum, however, there has been a guy selling a similar thing on eBay (that he makes himself) for a few years now. I also came up with a similar idea several years a ago. That was before I knew of this forum. After I saw this post I had to dig out my old sketches and there it was. The sketch is not dated, but it is with other sketches that were date 2003.

[ATTACH]9064[/ATTACH]

I would have to agree with KnipeDrums that it does look a lot like Beatbik's design.
                          Yeah.... the hanging kit is similar to stancars design since his piezo platform slides to dif positions. I've never been a big fan of this design where the bracket hangs over the bearing edge of the drum .... this has the potential to damage the drum edge and wear through the mesh head.
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/5-Triggers-One-D...QQcmdZViewItem

One of the frustrating things about DIY edrums is the bottom dwellers that scan the sites and then market the ideas of others work. To an extent there are usually similarities in almost any edrum design... but sometimes it is obvious.

Recently a new brand of e cymbals hit the market... They are a direct result of this kind of thing.... Keith's cirquit design marketed... but not by Keith. What was funny is the guy didn't know enough about the design to work out the kinks and had to ask questions on another DIY forum to solve problems in his ripped off marketed product.... I guess there are always gonna be these kind of things happening in this FIELD
                          Last edited by JmanWord; 05-08-08, 10:52 AM.
                          I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
                          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Hellfire View Post

[ATTACH]9064[/ATTACH]

I actually bought a conversion kit from that guy on eBay a couple years ago, I didn't even know this forum existed at the time. They are OK, as long as you don't know what your doing and have a drum set you don't care about. The part of the bracket that attaches to the drum is thick and is not good for the bearing edge nor the head at that area. I also had to replace the cones, they are complete rubbish...they're made of that foam you can get from musicians friend to put on studio walls. He is a nice older guy who is not trying to scam people, but I think that his stuff is not very good and a person is better off to just try and make their own.
                            sigpic

Comment

You can also consider that the cones are not centered mounted, no Positional detection for this construction

Dave
                              Remo practice pad mesh conversion, Pearl Export A2E mesh, Pintech and TKO A2E cymbals, Roland TD-8, 1.5 eDrum trigger to midi converters (edrum.info), Alesis DM5's, Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal. 6 200watt EV SH1502 speakers, 200watt Crate Bass amp, ASUS P5Q Mobo, 8Gb ram, q6600 Core2 Quad, 3 TB's of hard drives, ATI 3870 video, dual 22" monitor's. This stuff is FUN!

one of my kits http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...hlight=zdavesf

Comment

Working...
                              X