Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member - JrummerJ's DIY e-kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - JrummerJ's DIY e-kit

Hi guys,

I thought I would finally take the plunge and join this forum after years of lurking and learning some valuable info. I now actually own some Roland gear (TMC6, FD-8, and CY-5) so I actually feel like part of the group Some of you guys may know me from other forums or under a different name: edrumming.com (username - jrun).

Anyway, my kit is an old Pearl export with Hart Magnum heads, ddrum triggers, and some DIY cymbals I use a ddrum 4SE module along with the TMC6 to trigger EZdrummer running on my Macbook Pro via an M-Audio FW410 interface. Right now I am mainly using the main EZD kit, but I own the DFH expansion (not my favorite) and I just ordered the Nashville kit, too. I am looking forward to Superior 2.0s release!

On to the Pics!
    J
    Attached Files
    Edrums- KD-120, PD-125 (3), PD-105 (3), Yamaha PCY155, PCY-135 (4)
    Module - Roland TD20X
    Software - Pro Tools and Toontrack Superior

Nice one!

Hi

Very nice set up, you got the works there, do you pad the drums out from inside to silence em or let em fly ? does EZ Drummer have PD? positional detection?

Dave
    WEBSITE - http://www.diamondelectronicdrums.com/
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL - http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbVB...?feature=guide
    FACEBOOK me at ... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...83235555050736
    :eek: ...
    Showcase 1 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=253
    Showcase 2 - http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=354

Comment

Dave, no currently released software uses PD, but it will probably be utilised soon, maybe the next generation of BFD or Superior3?

Comment

Originally posted by daveybabes View Post
        Hi

Very nice set up, you got the works there, do you pad the drums out from inside to silence em or let em fly ? does EZ Drummer have PD? positional detection?

Dave
        The drums are all filled with some foam that I had laying around. They are about 80% filled and then I have a small amount touching the head to dampen vibrations. They trigger great, but no positional detection. I am not sure how well that works with rim mounted triggers? I have never really felt that I needed PD, but I guess it would be cool to try. Ride is dual zone, hats are dual zone, and snare is dual zone, all toms and crashes single zone.

Thanks!
        J
        Module - Roland TD20X

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

You have made yourself a very fine kit there. I am also triggering EZ with a TMC6 and I love the performance. Do the rim mounted triggers allow for quick fills and flams? I have always wanted to experiment with a rim mount to get rid of the dreaded hotspot of a center mounted trigger. I am not really too concerned with positional detection at the moment.

S.

Comment

Originally posted by suedehead View Post
            Welcome to the forums!

You have made yourself a very fine kit there. I am also triggering EZ with a TMC6 and I love the performance. Do the rim mounted triggers allow for quick fills and flams? I have always wanted to experiment with a rim mount to get rid of the dreaded hotspot of a center mounted trigger. I am not really too concerned with positional detection at the moment.

S.
            Thanks! I love having the e-kit......

Yep they don't miss much of anything. I attribute some of that to the ddrum module which is very easy to set up.

J
            Module - Roland TD20X

Comment

WOW !!!!! GREAT WORK on the Pearl E-Kit rig !!!!
              Eric G: Pearl,Paiste,Remo,Vic Firth,Gibraltar,Roc-n-Soc,Roland TD-6V, Lots of Vex and mesh all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pearl View Post
                WOW !!!!! GREAT WORK on the Pearl E-Kit rig !!!!
                Thanks! It turned out much better than I had planned, contemplating what to add next....cymbals, some left side pads for percussion....
                Module - Roland TD20X

Comment

hey jrummerj

how do your external ddrums trigger, any probs? As good as internal ones?
                  Pintech e-jam with TD6 brain + vintage olympic kit

Comment

I think that they trigger great, no problems at all. I've had one friend come over and play them and he said that he thought that they triggered as well as his Vdrums, I think he has the TD10 exp module.

J
                    Module - Roland TD20X

Comment

Working...
                    X