Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2ZRide - Circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2ZRide - Circuit

I saved the best for last with my DIY cymbals.

Here's a photoshop of how I am planning my 2z Ride. I just wanted some input from a few seasoned DIY'ers to make sure it's right.

FYI: I will be using this with a td-20 (not planning on edge triggering for now, but may add a choke switch later)

It doesn't work unless I'm doing something wrong.

Comment

That looks right to me based on the diagram I used. I'd have to suggest reversing some of the connections one at a time.

I have just built the exact same circuit, but haven't tried it yet because I'm waiting on the cymbal. Personally, I find the transistor connections the most confusing, and I'd probably start diagnosis by swapping the 2 outer connections.

Best of luck ink, I'll definately be interested in how things turn out.
      Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

funny because that's exactly what I did to get it to work earlier ... swapped poles 1 & 3 on the transistor.

the aux(edge) piezo even makes for a nice choke the way I have it. Pics to follow in a few days.

next, a hi-hat controller.

Comment

Originally posted by inktrocity View Post
          funny because that's exactly what I did to get it to work earlier ... swapped poles 1 & 3 on the transistor.

the aux(edge) piezo even makes for a nice choke the way I have it. Pics to follow in a few days.

next, a hi-hat controller.
          Awesome! I can't wait to see your pictures, and what you come up with for your HH control.
          I just got my cymbal back from Bulldog and can't wait to get home to try it out.
          Attached Files
          Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

make sure the diode(1N4148) is in the right way.

Dave
            Remo practice pad mesh conversion, Pearl Export A2E mesh, Pintech and TKO A2E cymbals, Roland TD-8, 1.5 eDrum trigger to midi converters (edrum.info), Alesis DM5's, Tama Iron Cobra double bass pedal. 6 200watt EV SH1502 speakers, 200watt Crate Bass amp, ASUS P5Q Mobo, 8Gb ram, q6600 Core2 Quad, 3 TB's of hard drives, ATI 3870 video, dual 22" monitor's. This stuff is FUN!

one of my kits http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...hlight=zdavesf

Comment

Working...
            X