Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acoustic to Electronic Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic to Electronic Conversion

Has anyone dealt with these guys before? Looks pretty decent, except no replies to email inqueries. =(

http://musiciansnearyou.com/Catalog.html

i bought a set of these a couple years ago and they work fine. you can get these parts at most hardware stores and save money but it is nice having all the stuff wired up and ready to go. the only thing i didnt like was that the spot that the bars go over the rim pop through the drum heads a little. i used a dremel tool to remove some wood so it sat flat. all in all i say make your own if you have the time and a little know how.

Comment

Mitch at ufo drums sells a similar setup. His do not hang on the bearing edge, but rather mount under one of the existing lug screws (the bracket is slotted, allowing fine-tuning of cone height). His cones look a little nicer, too. Mitch's website can vary, so if you don't find them on there, e-mail him and he will send you a complete list (some really good, and hard to find components).
      Roland TD-10exp, DIY 13" snare, DIY toms, DIY mesh Bass Trigger, Roland CY-15r, CY-8, CY-5, and Pintech PC cymbals

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Comment

amazing value $200 - they can do it cheaper than i can at home !!
          http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...760#post301760
          :cool:
          ;)

Comment

Originally posted by freddarl82 View Post
            Mitch at ufo drums sells a similar setup. His do not hang on the bearing edge, but rather mount under one of the existing lug screws (the bracket is slotted, allowing fine-tuning of cone height). His cones look a little nicer, too. Mitch's website can vary, so if you don't find them on there, e-mail him and he will send you a complete list (some really good, and hard to find components).
            Thanks for that info. I just sent him an email about what he offers.

Gear: TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Comment

Working...
            X