Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pintech trigger foam column

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pintech trigger foam column

Does anyone know the specs on the foam column used in the Pintech concertcast drums: specifically height and type of foam.

Is it similar in density/recovery as the foam used in the Roland cones?

Thanks,
    lidrummer

Pintech Foam

I dont think they give out specs, but you can send them an email or try the Pintech forums or edrumforum. They have a rep there. Emailing might be best. Good Luck T
    www.EDrumForum.com Going to be strictly a DIY e Drum Community

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=198

Comment

I removed the foam column from my Pintech Concertcasts and replaced them with Roland-style cones. The Roland cone is shorter, so I used a fender washer/T-nut/threaded rod to form a riser for it. The Pintech column uses two foam types (see pic). The outer layer feels softer to me, but its really hard to tell.

Pintech foam column dimensions (my own measurements from one I removed)
      Height: 1 15/16" (Roland is about 1 3/8")
      Diameter: 2 7/32"
      The thickness of the outer layer varies from 1/16" to 1/8"

There are some vertical striations on the outside of the column, which would indicate they build up the composite foam, then cut them to size.

I hope this helps!
      Attached Files
      Roland TD-10exp, DIY 13" snare, DIY toms, DIY mesh Bass Trigger, Roland CY-15r, CY-8, CY-5, and Pintech PC cymbals

Comment

freddarl82,

Thanks...that's exactly what I was looking for.

lidrummer

Comment

Originally posted by freddarl82 View Post
          I removed the foam column from my Pintech Concertcasts and replaced them with Roland-style cones. The Roland cone is shorter, so I used a fender washer/T-nut/threaded rod to form a riser for it. The Pintech column uses two foam types (see pic). The outer layer feels softer to me, but its really hard to tell.
          I realize this thread is a bit old, but could you expound on the riser construction? I have 4 concertcast pads (2-10" and 2-12" if it matters) and the noise that my sticks make when hitting the foam column through the head is driving me a little crazy. I was searching for information about replacing the Pintech cones with Roland ones when I found your post.

Comment

Working...
          X