Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY EDRUM LINKS... Here's the place to share your links.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a self-stick vinyl acoustic damping material I've been using for my DIY E-cymbal conversions: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=268-030 . It has proven to be very effective in killing resonance when used on a regular cymbal, either used above or below. I use it on top, cut into a wedge shape a' la the Hart and Pintech triggers, applied in the strike zone only. It is less absorptive of stick energy (stiffer) than the thicker Hart pads, is about 1/3 the thickness, and I prefer the way it feels: somewhat less "soggy", if you will. It reduces the cymbal sound on the crash, splash, and hat triggers I've built to about the same level of "clunk" as a Smartrigger or Surge. It is cheap and effective, and has held up well to stick wear after 20 hours or so.

Might be worth a look, for E-cymbal builders. Hope that helps. Your mileage may vary...
    Last edited by skod; 08-29-12, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Hello! Might I suggest that folks add a part number in addition to links. Digikey, Mouser, ebay, cui and allelectronics have all made back end changes.

Im shopping parts to build my first kit and would have to say about 60-75% of all the links in this thread are broken. Granted most are from years ago but the posts with part numbers from the same time can still be looked up on the site selling it.

Comment

If you're looking for a reasonably priced source for foam, for fabricating reflection plates, sound dampening, etc., check out this site. I'm not certain if they have product comparable to the Poron commonly used to make Roland style cones or not. I'd be interested in hearing from some of you that have a technical knowedge of foam, as to which products on this site would be good DIY drum candidates especially as a Poron alternative. http://www.foambymail.com/
        Roland TD12 module / DIY Kit in progress, Gretsch Blackhawk A (soon to be E) kit.

Comment

I totally posted this in the wrong spot yesterday. The prices are very good so I had to share.

If you're looking for a reasonably priced source for foam, for fabricating reflection plates, sound dampening, etc., check out this site. I'm not certain if they have product comparable to the Poron commonly used to make Roland style cones or not. I'd be interested in hearing from some of you that have a technical knowedge of foam, as to which products on this site would be good DIY drum candidates especially as a Poron alternative. http://www.foambymail.com/
          Roland TD12 module / DIY Kit in progress, Gretsch Blackhawk A (soon to be E) kit.

Comment

A slick place for split loom and other wire management
            TD-15 (2) PD-85 (3) PD-8 (2) PDX-100 (1) KD-9 KickVH-11, CY-12C, CY-13R, CY-8
            Superior Drummer 2.2.3, Ableton Live 9, FL10

Comment

Open Source Vibration/Impact Isolating Kit Platform to keep your neighbors silent too!
              DIY detailed plans with color photo builder's guide and materials list. Designed by a drummer who does a great impression of an Architectural Engineer on weekdays. The simple design can be built for under 100 bucks and is 100% effective even in extremely sound sensitive situations. Easy to construct and vastly more effective than the popular "tennis ball" design. Proven track record and many happy users. And the designer (me) is usually available to answer questions.
              http://tinyurl.com/jacksonpad

Comment

Does anyone know of a good source for rim silencers? In the link in the first couple of posts is non-existent.... or the part number does not exist any more.
                TD-20 Expanded VExpressions Studio Kits
                PD-100 tom, PD-120 Tom, PD-120 Tom
                PD-120 FT, PD-120 FT
                KD-7 Bass, KD-7 Bass
                PD-120 Snare, PD-100 Secondary Snare
                Custom Gibraltar Rack

Comment

Working...
                X