Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing Heads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Heads

Not sure where to put this post, sorry if this is the wrong spot.
    When I played acoustics I changed my heads often. But now that I have the mesh heads I'm not sure when to change them. Advice please?
    TD30KV, SPD-S, SPD-30, RMP-5, Jamhub Greenroom, Tama Iron Cobra double peddle, Pearl RH-2000 remote HH, CowPaddy, BeatBar, IW Drums Lites, Stealth AtoE 16" Ride, 8" Splash cymbals.

mine been going over 12 years and don't look like they will need changing any time soon
    roland single mesh original with td9
    wood tip sticks
    not a hard hitter
    1. eDRUMin10, Roland and Lemon mesh pads, Lemon cymbals, KT10, FD9 || 2. Yamaha DTX Multi12, KT10, HH65, TP100 || 3. Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || heaps of acoustic gear || youtube

Comment

So you're going by looks? What would you say would constitute needing to be changed? I've had mine on since 2012, and have in the last 5 or 6 years become a very hard hitter. Only wood tip sticks used.
      TD30KV, SPD-S, SPD-30, RMP-5, Jamhub Greenroom, Tama Iron Cobra double peddle, Pearl RH-2000 remote HH, CowPaddy, BeatBar, IW Drums Lites, Stealth AtoE 16" Ride, 8" Splash cymbals.

Comment

So you're going by looks?

looks. feel. triggering (which is in effect sound)

What would you say would constitute needing to be changed?

I've never changed mine so I'm the wrong person to ask
        1. eDRUMin10, Roland and Lemon mesh pads, Lemon cymbals, KT10, FD9 || 2. Yamaha DTX Multi12, KT10, HH65, TP100 || 3. Zendrum EXP (Stompblock) || Scarlett 6i6 > imac || Superior Drummer 3, Logic || heaps of acoustic gear || youtube

Comment

LOL!!! I figure if they can't keep the tension you put them at, and problems with triggering start maybe time to change? Never changed mine either. Figured now that I don't have plastic head and not concerned with the tone/tune of my heads, replacing heads was one of those things I no longer had to deal with. ????

Comment

Never changed mine either. Still triggering fine and no signs of wear. Most of my pads are years old from a 2nd hand td20
            Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Working...
            X