Yamaha PCY stopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha PCY stopper

I have a Yamaha PCY-135 without a stopper. I can't find the stoppers for sale locally in Taiwan and it's not worth shipping one here. Does anybody have a genius cheap and nasty DIY solution to keep the cymbal from spinning? I searched the forum but the only solutions I found were people using machinery I don't have access to to build them.
    Roland TD-9, CY-12C, Yamaha PC-135, Gibraltar Intruder double pedals, AKG 240 Studio

https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...me-cymbal-spin

There's a fix using a rubber band in that thread. You can pass the band up through the hole in the cymbal and then insert something horizontally through it to keep it in place.

Comment

metal rod bent to u-shape and a jubilee (pipe) clip

Code:
      |
      |
      |     |
      | [ | |]
      |___| |
            |
            |
            |
            |
            |
      Last edited by electrodrummer; 08-11-20, 11:51 AM.
      *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
      Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

There you go! Options! In Taiwan, eh? I'm in Hualien.
        DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
        Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by ignotus View Post
          https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...me-cymbal-spin

There's a fix using a rubber band in that thread. You can pass the band up through the hole in the cymbal and then insert something horizontally through it to keep it in place.
          Thanks. That looks simple and effective. I did try a similar thing with string but it didn't keep the tension enough to bring it back. The elastic should be more effective.
          Roland TD-9, CY-12C, Yamaha PC-135, Gibraltar Intruder double pedals, AKG 240 Studio

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post
            metal rod bent to u-shape and a jubilee (pipe) clip

Code:
            |
            |
            | |
            | [ | |]
            |___| |
            |
            |
            |
            |
            |
            Thanks. That also looks simple and effective. I did see this before and was going to do it and then I totally forgot about it.

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
              There you go! Options! In Taiwan, eh? I'm in Hualien.
              Nice. Hualien is a beautiful place. I'm in New Taipei City.

Comment

Working...
              X