No announcement yet.

Low-Volume hi-hat rubber rim question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low-Volume hi-hat rubber rim question.

Hello. For those who have converted LV hi-hats, did you put the rubber rim around the top cymbal or both, and why? Thanks!

I put it on both if for no other reason than because the bottom cymbal sits oddly on the goedrum hi hat controller and doesn't balance so it kinda wobbles all over otherwise. The rim gives it a bit of contact with the top hat even when open and helps with that.
    Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post
      I put it on both if for no other reason than because the bottom cymbal sits oddly on the goedrum hi hat controller and doesn't balance so it kinda wobbles all over otherwise. The rim gives it a bit of contact with the top hat even when open and helps with that.
      Did you drill the bottom cymbal to fit the control rod?

Comment

Originally posted by Toon toon View Post

Did you drill the bottom cymbal to fit the control rod?
        I did. Well, I drilled a cymbal. I got a cheap pearl starter kit 14" hi hat and drilled that instead of ruining one of my L80s.
        Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Working...
        X