Butt Kicker on an e-Kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butt Kicker on an e-Kit?

Is anyone using a "Butt Kicker" with their e-kit? Can these be silently triggered? I've never used one but have played kits with these and it seems like a fun upgrade to put on my someday list.

Silently triggered yes.

A forum search will come up with previous posts.

Put a Porter and Davies on your someday list.
    *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Porter and Davies is absolutely the flagship solution for adding a tactile bass feel through your drum throne in one clean integrated system.

Using a Butt kicker transducer is a much lower cost way of gaining this tactile feedback in a consumer friendly package.

Understanding the difference in this tactile performance is the key to justifying the cost of these systems really - as it's not immediately obvious what makes a good transducer, or why it should matter for drummers.

I noticed you posted in the DIY section though, I wonder, is there a way to get close to Porter and Davies levels of performance for less?
      ◾ Diamond Drums 4pc in Di-Noc carbon ◾ MegaDRUM
      ◾ Roland UA-1010 / cymbals / KT-10 (x2) ◾ Tama / Gibraltar hardware ◾ JBL LSR3 Series 2.1 Monitoring ◾ Pearl THMP-1
      PA Comparison Sheet

Comment

Thanks all, i'll take a look at the Porter and Davies option too,

I probably shouldn't have put this in DIY now that you say it. I don't know how to DIY the transducer but i'm open to it. I was thinking you might have to diy mod the transducer to get it to work well with e-kit.

Comment

You can actually DIY it using an old speaker. Google 'DIY tactile transducer' and you'll see how it's done. I intend to try it some day myself.

At the complete opposite end of the spectrum price- and probably performance-wise compared to the Porter and Davies, but there's a thread here about a functional DIY option: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...apo-buttkicker.

Comment

Working...
          X