Cymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vdrummer5 View Post

I went with rubber u rims from amazon and cheap acoustic guitar piezos as trigger. I will have to think how to make the choke work tho
    ebay --> myrk
    Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by rdubu View Post
      Check Amazon... this is what I’m using for my LV metal cymbals.

M M SEALS D044-100F Black U Channel Edge Trim Seal EPDM 17/32" high x 3/32" Wide (100 Feet) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NDVLJZX..._QJniFbE1985H7
      and it fits well? do you need to glue it or anything? the other stuff i bought just fits on the cymbal and stays but i'm not sure it's the same dimensions as this. this is a much better price though.
      Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Hi these are my current cymbals: vh-11, cy12c, cy13r, atv adc-16.
        I want to switch to 'Real feel cymbals' similar to the jobeky ones: https://jobekydrums.co.uk/product-category/e-cymbals/
        The Jobeky ones are quite expensive and I was wondering if anyone here knows a good, cheaper solution. I was originally going to buy a 18 inch 3 zone dark bronze ride from Jobeky, and wanted to convert 2 cheap chinese low volume cymbals using Goedrum dual zone triggers until I found out that Goedrum does not ship to The Netherlands (same as pintech). Is there any way that I can convert the cheap chinese low volume cymbals myself? Does it have to be a trigger just like Goedrum / pintech / magnatrack or can I just stick a piezo(s) under the cymbal and dampen it a bit?

Would love to hear suggestions, I'm out of ideas
        Hey man, if you decide to sell your 16" atv cymbal, id love to know... Also curious to hear your thoughts on the jobeky cymbals, even though i cant use such due to noise

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post

ebay --> myrk
          Yes I can buy 2 myrk strips for the cymbals but how do I install the strips? Can't find a video on it. Do I connect it with the piezo or something?

Comment

Yes I can buy 2 myrk strips for the cymbals but how do I install the strips? Can't find a video on it. Do I connect it with the piezo or something?
            One lead goes to ring, the other to sleeve. Doesn’t matter which ones. It’s super easy. I stuck joe directly to the cymbal. Then put a strip of 3m foam tape just over the shiny metal portion of the switch. Then put my rubber profile around the edge of the cymbal to cover it. You can increase sensitivity by increasing the thickness of foam on top of the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Aka Wayne View Post

One lead goes to ring, the other to sleeve. Doesn’t matter which ones. It’s super easy. I stuck joe directly to the cymbal. Then put a strip of 3m foam tape just over the shiny metal portion of the switch. Then put my rubber profile around the edge of the cymbal to cover it. You can increase sensitivity by increasing the thickness of foam on top of the switch.
              Cool thanks! I got rubber u rims so I guess I just put on the membrane switch first and then put the u rim on it at the end?

Comment

Search project beat official on YouTube. There's a video of a guy installing some.

Not his newest three zone ride video though, that one he is using materials from goedrum not myrk (another option but more money and super expensive shipping).

Comment

You'll have to cut up the rubber piece on your jack plug to get at it though, so you want may want to just buy some new piezos, stereo jacks, and some wire to solder them all together.

Or you may want to consider the goedrum route since all their pieces just "plug in" to one another I think (I am basing entirely on the one video I mentioned above, I've never seen their gear myself). Again check that YouTube channel and see for yourself.

I have a myrk switch on my hi hat and like it, though I'd never soldered before so that part was a bit of a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post
                    You'll have to cut up the rubber piece on your jack plug to get at it though, so you want may want to just buy some new piezos, stereo jacks, and some wire to solder them all together.

Or you may want to consider the goedrum route since all their pieces just "plug in" to one another I think (I am basing entirely on the one video I mentioned above, I've never seen their gear myself). Again check that YouTube channel and see for yourself.

I have a myrk switch on my hi hat and like it, though I'd never soldered before so that part was a bit of a headache.
                    Ah okay cool thanks! I already have loads of piezos coming my way from aliexpress so that should be fine

Comment

The goedrum products are slick. Especially the 3 way trigger box. I’m probably going to try one of those but their shipping prices are outrageous. Project beats has really good tutorial videos for the myrk installation too.

Comment

Originally posted by Aka Wayne View Post
                        The goedrum products are slick. Especially the 3 way trigger box. I’m probably going to try one of those but their shipping prices are outrageous. Project beats has really good tutorial videos for the myrk installation too.
                        Yea definetely go with goedrum if they ship to your country, not available for me unfortunately.

Comment

Is it possible to make a dual zone trigger box for a cymbal myself? If so, what do I need? I already have loads of piezos.

Comment

Originally posted by Toon toon View Post
                            I’ve just made some single zone using cheap triggers off eBay, I had the same problem as you with goey drum not shipping the cymbal trigger boxes to uk( they ship the hi hat controller and drum triggers tho?)
                            to dampen just use rubber trim around the edge.
                            To make 3 zone you will need to get a edge trigger and bell membrane from myrk.
                            Hi man, everything has arrived and it triggers well! However the rubber trim is hard to get it on and I'm now trying to glue it on. How did you do it?

Comment

Hi man, everything has arrived and it triggers well! However the rubber trim is hard to get it on and I'm now trying to glue it on. How did you do it?
                              Get the length, push it into the cymbal all the way around, Mark the join and take it back off,get a new razor blade and slice it. Super glue the join( I found doing one side of the U at a time was easier ) keep it pushed together a few min and let it set before you force it back on the cymbal.

You just have to work it round, put the join section on 1st and work it around from there, I’m a mechanical fitter by trade so I’m used to playing with seals..

those triggers work fine, I’ve gave mine a good beating, one popped out of the plastic cup but it easily glued back in.
                              Last edited by Toon toon; Today, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X