Cymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cymbals

Hi these are my current cymbals: vh-11, cy12c, cy13r, atv adc-16.
    I want to switch to 'Real feel cymbals' similar to the jobeky ones: https://jobekydrums.co.uk/product-category/e-cymbals/
    The Jobeky ones are quite expensive and I was wondering if anyone here knows a good, cheaper solution. I was originally going to buy a 18 inch 3 zone dark bronze ride from Jobeky, and wanted to convert 2 cheap chinese low volume cymbals using Goedrum dual zone triggers until I found out that Goedrum does not ship to The Netherlands (same as pintech). Is there any way that I can convert the cheap chinese low volume cymbals myself? Does it have to be a trigger just like Goedrum / pintech / magnatrack or can I just stick a piezo(s) under the cymbal and dampen it a bit?

Would love to hear suggestions, I'm out of ideas

I’ve just made some single zone using cheap triggers off eBay, I had the same problem as you with goey drum not shipping the cymbal trigger boxes to uk( they ship the hi hat controller and drum triggers tho?)
    to dampen just use rubber trim around the edge.
    To make 3 zone you will need to get a edge trigger and bell membrane from myrk.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    A2E fusion kit with Jobeky dual triggers, A2E low volume cymbals with TD17 module.

Comment

Finished result, I’m just waiting for pieces to make it into 3 zone.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      A2E fusion kit with Jobeky dual triggers, A2E low volume cymbals with TD17 module.

Comment

Originally posted by Toon toon View Post
        Awesome!! Thanks for this response, I will take a look at the trigger! For the Ride I will go with Jobeky but I will do the crashes myself since it is quite easy. Thanks!

Comment

Just ordered the triggers, gonna try and get the u channels somewhere local since the shipping on that is 10 gbp for me

Comment

Originally posted by Toon toon View Post
            Would it be possible do the the exact same thing but instead of the low volume cymbal a regular cymbal? Or would it be to loud? I want to buy arborea golden low volume cymbals but the shipping is like $70 to my place

Comment

I have no idea, I had seen a YouTube off someone called racer( ?) where he made a solid cymbal with a solid choke switch and damping and it looked a great job, I’m sure if you dug around you could find it.

Comment

There’s also an excellent 3 part video on YouTube by project beats official, shows you all the wiring and soldering etc, I’ve more or less copied what he’s done.

Comment

You can but it's loud and the dampening kills the nice feel of the acoustic cymbal. I've done it to a cheap pearl ride cymbal and am not happy with the result and stopped using it.
                  Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post
                    You can but it's loud and the dampening kills the nice feel of the acoustic cymbal. I've done it to a cheap pearl ride cymbal and am not happy with the result and stopped using it.
                    Ah okay so I shouldnt order those jobeky ones that look like real ones? Only the low volume?

Comment

Managed to get 2 beautiful golden low volume crash cymbals from ali baba for 70 usd (40 usd shipping unfortunately) Still a lot cheaper then millenium and other brands. (and looks better imo)

https://imgur.com/a/Xs6JkLY
                      Last edited by Vdrummer5; 07-20-20, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vdrummer5 View Post

Ah okay so I shouldnt order those jobeky ones that look like real ones? Only the low volume?
                        Haven't tried them so can't say. That'd be my concern with their cymbals and why I haven't bought any of them.
                        Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

anyone find a good place to source this stuff in canada?
                          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Check Amazon... this is what I’m using for my LV metal cymbals.

M M SEALS D044-100F Black U Channel Edge Trim Seal EPDM 17/32" high x 3/32" Wide (100 Feet) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NDVLJZX..._QJniFbE1985H7
                            Roland TD-50 & eDRUMin Modules | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | FIELD, ATV, & Roland Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO Interface | Mackie ProFX10v3 Mixer | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

Originally posted by rdubu View Post
                              Check Amazon... this is what I’m using for my LV metal cymbals.

M M SEALS D044-100F Black U Channel Edge Trim Seal EPDM 17/32" high x 3/32" Wide (100 Feet) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NDVLJZX..._QJniFbE1985H7
                              I went with rubber u rims from amazon and cheap acoustic guitar piezos as trigger. I will have to think how to make the choke work tho

Comment

Working...
                              X