Plate for in tom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plate for in tom

Hi, I'm thinking of printing a plate for my 12 inch tom and converting it. What size should I print the plate? 12 inch or a bit less?

Okay, I’m confused. Can you provide some more information?
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

I'm guessing a 3D version of the cake pan conversion. By experience, I haven't seen any improvement using a "plate" support for the piezo over just installing a crossbar. If you really want to try, I suggest making the plate with a mesh pattern, the holes will let the air out better on a hit and make less noise than a solid plate.
      DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
      Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

meten is weten ; ) ..but smaller than 12" ..you can also put a disc of pyramid foam on the plate to reduce noise..
        Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by Vdrummer5 View Post
          Hi, I'm thinking of printing a plate for my 12 inch tom and converting it. What size should I print the plate? 12 inch or a bit less?
          If you need to ask that question here then you haven't thought this through enough. You should carefully plan your design based on accurate measurements of the inside diameters, the available attachments etc. of your particular drum.

Comment

Originally posted by Vdrummer5 View Post

Less, you can't print the same size because it can't fit inside.

For example, I made a wood crossbar for a "10 inch tom (25.4cm) and the wood crossbar inside is 22cm using "1 inch L brackets in each side.

So, it depends of the size of the brackets you can have a idea of the size leaving a space between the drum shell and the plate if you want to remove it.
            Last edited by Ginnungagap; 07-07-20, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X