Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have a photo of have to wire multiple bell switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have a photo of have to wire multiple bell switches?

I have 3 bell switches I'd like to add to a ride cymbal but I'm unsure how I should wire them to be able to use all 3
    Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Just wire them in parallel.

Comment

so i have seen that as the suggestion before, but the reason i asked about a photo is that i don't actually know what that means

never wired anything before the hi hat i did a few weeks ago and i'm only using one switch on it

i'd love to figure out a way to use your copper tape suggestion (which i used to fix the hi hat when the connections on the piezo kept coming loose when i'd play) but i guess i'd need two separate strips of tape for each lead that did not touch one another for it to work?
      Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Sorry, no pics, but I can try to explain: wiring in parallel means that the leads from each switch all go to the same place on the jack; ie, one lead from each switch goes to ring and the other to sleeve. To avoid soldering 3 wires to the same spot on the jack, you can daisy chain them together. Switch1/Lead1 -> Switch2/Lead1 -> Switch3/Lead1 -> Jack ring. Same with the other leads, connecting them to jack sleeve. I'm not sure what you want to do with the copper but you could use it to daisy chain the switches.

Comment

Working...
        X