ddrum cast precision pads - Foam replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ddrum cast precision pads - Foam replacement

Don't know if this goes in the DIY section or the technical section. I'll try here first.

Does anyone have knowledge of what to use to replace the foam on the ddrum cast precision pads? The foam on my pads was in bad shape, I replaced the foam with just some standard foam that had a glue backing and now realize that's contributing to the poor performance of my pads. I didn't pay attention to or buy the right product for the foam.

So now I need to replace it again. In the original cast pad manual, there is this statement.

"If the foam gets porous or the sensor plate is damaged on a snare or kick pad, you must replace both the foam layer(s) and the sensor plate. Make sure you place the hardest foam layer on top (in front) of the sensor plate!"

Apparently the original foam actually had two layers of foam, but I have no specs on the two layers and can't find anyone that sells a replacement for these pads.

So looking for detailed info on how to best replace this foam. What two types of foam, thickness of each type, maybe some instructions on how to go about it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, gabo
    2box drumit 5 MK2, ddrum cast precision pads, many acoustic kits, Studio One Pro 4, AD 2, Melodyne studio, many software tools and vst's.

update, I'm learning there are a number of different versions of the ddrum cast precision pads. The ones I have are open in the center with foam only around the edge. This is the foam I'm trying to understand how to replace.

I'm not sure the manual I have is for these pads, so maybe the quote from the manual of two different types of foam doesn't apply to these pads.

Here are some pictures to help. The one showing the foam is the foam I replaced the original foam with. The original foam was missing about 1/4 of the way around the hoop, including where the piezo's are located. The new foam I installed I put it all the way around.

thanks, gabo
    2box drumit 5 MK2, ddrum cast precision pads, many acoustic kits, Studio One Pro 4, AD 2, Melodyne studio, many software tools and vst's.

Comment

Working...
    X