Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D printing and drum triggers

HI,

I'm probably gonna buy a creality 3d ender pro (3d printer) soon and I'm gonna try and make drumtriggers with it!
    I will keep this topic updated once I have the printer and start trying to make triggers.

Originally posted by Vdrummer5 View Post
    HI,

I'm probably gonna buy a creality 3d ender pro (3d printer) soon and I'm gonna try and make drumtriggers with it!
    I will keep this topic updated once I have the printer and start trying to make triggers.
    Yep, I'm doing it as well. I'm making everything from scratch except for the drum heads, drums and VST's. Everything else including the triggering software I'm doing my self

Comment

I just saw a post today on a Facebook community. The guy used a 3d printer for making a box with 1/4" Jacks and a db25 breakout to eliminate the cable snake.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...38075689569089

You can eventually build something sillmilar too and sell

​​​​
      Ronaldo B.

Comment

I’ve had my Creality CR10-S Pro V2 for about 3 weeks. I’m loving it. I’m using it to build out a case for my 4 eDRUMins. The PLA they send with it is ok for a couple of test prints but there is no substitute for quality PLA. Go ahead and order some filament at the same time you order the printer.
        Last edited by Mylo; 06-23-20, 08:27 PM.
        PDP Concept Maple A2E wrapped with Bum Wraps; Jobeky AI dual-zone triggers; drum-tec Real Feel and Billy Blast Ballistech 3.0 mesh heads; Jobeky and Field cymbals; Gibralter hardware; Offset double pedal; DW Remote hi-hat stands; Yamaha FC7; four eDRUMin devices; SD3; Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen; Windows laptop

Comment

Thanks for the awesome feedback, I'm very hyped

Comment

I've also been printing my triggers for acoustic drums. I mix the electronics with the drum mic. My trigger mount also holds the mic. The main reason I did this was to simplify set-up when giging - I posted a picture of it the system to ask about snare triggering. I used PLA for the mount but had to do a couple of iterations because the PLA couldn't take movement of the acoustic drums heads. On the larger toms the heads move considerably so you have to make sure the triggers themselves have a lot of built in flexibility and the mounts can stand the punishment. For my triggers I've been using pourable silicon as a replacement for the typical foam cones. This has allowed me to shape the cone in any shape desired. For acoustic heads, it's best if the piezo has a direct as possible connection to the head. If the cone or rubber is between the piezo and head the piezo looses a lot of sensitivity. In general the piezo needs to follow the path of the head without double triggering although most of that issue will be taken care of in your module. I decided to print the triggers so the wires could be concealed within the mounts as apposed to simple metal brackets where everything is exposed. I'm going to field test the design with some other drummers to see if the printed PLA can hold up. If not I'll probably go back to metal supports and find another way to conceal the electronics. There's a lot of wires when you have 6 triggers in a drum plus the mic cord. All that being said, I'm not sure if more than one trigger is really necessary if the one trigger is set up correctly. I'm learning... Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X