stereo jack preference question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stereo jack preference question

why is it that a lot of the DIY options I see being used for many projects tend to prefer this style of jack

to this sort of jack?

the larger metal one seems to require removing the air vent grommet whereas i just realized i can screw the smaller black plastic one into the air vent hole on my PDP shells without removing anything

also even if you didn't have to drill anything, the top option still sticks out further inside the shell if you're putting any materials inside of it to dampen the sound

just something i am wondering since i also see resellers like quartz, ufo, and r drums also prefer to sell the first type as well
    Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

The lenght of the screw is generally too short on those black jack sockets.

Comment

And be carefull with the one on the top pic, they could be of poor quality I was unable to unplug roland jacks from some jack sockets that seem identical. I suggest always buying these (Rean NYS 221) :
      11875891_800.jpg
      Last edited by Sylv1co; 06-18-20, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Exactly. The build quality for the shorter jack is fine, but it’s a bit too short in most cases.

I’m actually working on a solution to this exact problem, but it requires a custom sleeve mount and some handy work with existing jack options...
        Roland TD-50 & eDRUMin Modules | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | FIELD, ATV, & Roland Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO Interface | Mackie ProFX10v3 Mixer | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

haven't tried one that's wired to a piezo yet but just tried screwing one into my floor tom and it's not going anywhere. definitely not once you plug a cable into it too.
          Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

I did a hole in the resonant head where the jack can go out and thinking to stick it with a velcro.

The Plughead of R-Drums are great to avoid drilling the wood or removing air vent, but they are not cheap.
            Last edited by Ginnungagap; 06-24-20, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X