Snare conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snare conversion

First I want to say R.I.P Jman He was a good man.

So basically I was planning on converting an acoustic snare with an ism-6 side mounted system by Jman but unfortunately this is not possible.
    Does anyone know a good alternative trigger system that is arround the same price? $100 - $150
    I don't need positional sensing because I use a td-15, that is why I wanted an ism-6 side mounted.

check out this https://www.helensson.com/itm2-drum-trigger.html

Comment

Rdubu made a thread about a conversion which was the same style trigger as jmans.

You can order the same parts he used and make it your self.

Comment

Assuming we aren't inclined or confident enough to make it ourselves, what's the next closest option to the ISM-6?

I've spoken to the fella making Drone but apparently they can't fit on a metal shell (sensitone snare in my case) and the Rogers snare I have has an old reinforcement ring meaning it can't fit in that either (fml).

So I too am looking for a tip-top snare trigger. My Triggera Ontrigg just isn't doing it for me on the snare. Frankly I'd be happy to buy one from someone on here if they were happy to make one!

As far as I can see, my best options are Jobeky Dual Zone Bar trigger and Extreme X-MR dual zone trigger. I use a PMP so no PS option plus hotspots are just the worst, so I'd assume side mounting area, although JMan (RIP) did state his ISM-6 had no hotspot even with centre mounting.

The ISM-2 mentioned above looks OK but doesn't seem to mention cable connections etc.and to be honest I'm sceptical about a simple lug mount internal being much different from the hoop mount external I'm using.

Comment

Originally posted by toonarmy View Post
          Assuming we aren't inclined or confident enough to make it ourselves, what's the next closest option to the ISM-6?

I've spoken to the fella making Drone but apparently they can't fit on a metal shell (sensitone snare in my case) and the Rogers snare I have has an old reinforcement ring meaning it can't fit in that either (fml).

So I too am looking for a tip-top snare trigger. My Triggera Ontrigg just isn't doing it for me on the snare. Frankly I'd be happy to buy one from someone on here if they were happy to make one!

As far as I can see, my best options are Jobeky Dual Zone Bar trigger and Extreme X-MR dual zone trigger. I use a PMP so no PS option plus hotspots are just the worst, so I'd assume side mounting area, although JMan (RIP) did state his ISM-6 had no hotspot even with centre mounting.

The ISM-2 mentioned above looks OK but doesn't seem to mention cable connections etc.and to be honest I'm sceptical about a simple lug mount internal being much different from the hoop mount external I'm using.
          I bought the 4 spoke jobeky trigger system from rdubu, I will let you know how it works!

Comment

I use the helensson triggers on my kit no complaints
            Pearl mimic pro drum mod,tama imperial star shells,helensson drum triggers,remo silent stroke and billy blast mesh heads, gen 16 cymbals, L12 digital mixer,studio one 4 daw, Pevey dm 115 for live monitoring, Yamaha dtx 502 module,dtx 900 silicone pads, zoom Zoom L12 digital mixer.

Comment

Please excuse my ignorance but when you fit an electroic trigger to a acoustic drum, do you get the same drum sound that you are use to or just an electronically created sound. Always wondered about this.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
                Please excuse my ignorance but when you fit an electroic trigger to a acoustic drum, do you get the same drum sound that you are use to or just an electronically created sound. Always wondered about this.
                It depends what you do with the drum and sound. So if you use an acoustic snare for instance with normal heads then it will sound like it did before putting a trigger in it. If you put a mesh head on it it will be quieter. This is what you hear directly from the drum. The trigger is just a transducer that sends a small electrical signal back to the module which then plays a sound from the module or if using a vsti from that. So no you don’t get your drum sound from the module or the vsti. You only get the triggered sound which has nothing to do with the actual sound of your drum. Of course you could put a mic on the drums and then mix the electronic sound with the acoustic sound for live which is what some drummers have been doing for years.

short answer is you get an electronically generated sound
                Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Cheers mkok. So if you put this sound through a suitable module, you would be able to edit this sound, like on my old TD6V I can edit volume, pitch, decay, position, and overall ambience.

Comment

Working...
                  X