Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A to E 1st time advice needed

Gents,

I’m in the process of planning my conversion, I have just bought a 2nd hand mapex kit, I have a horrendous DD505 which I’m going to rob for the wiring, frame and the cymbals for now.( will upgrade in time)
    Im trying to keep this on a tight budget so it will be either a DM10 or a td9 module.
    I don’t want to go as far as building frames or soldering at the moment so I have been looking at trigger kits.
    Have any of you had any experience of the goeydrum triggers on eBay, I’m unable to get reply’s from Jobeky or diamond drums at the moment and I want to get cracking sooner than later.
    What is the consensus on converting the kick drum, and are my module choices going to change how I set everything up.

Any tips or hints to point me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Toon toon; 05-13-20, 08:45 AM.
    A2E fusion kit with Jobeky dual triggers, A2E low volume cymbals with TD17 module.

check out UFODrums trigger for tom, snare and kick drums. also Stealth Jman's triggering systems and he's in this forum too

Comment

I’ll have a look, cheers
      A2E fusion kit with Jobeky dual triggers, A2E low volume cymbals with TD17 module.

Comment

Don't instal any trigger that require you to drill into your drum shells unless you are using shells you don't give a crap about. I would suggest just going with some good rim triggers like roland rt30s for example and using good mesh heads again i would go with roland but thats just me,you could also go with drumtech etc. This method is easy to do and you can go back to acoustic any time you want or run hybrid.

Comment

I’m assuming you’re in the UK. Jobeky is still shipping, but is slow with COVID-19. For the money, their triggers are definitely worth consideration in my opinion.

As mentioned, Jman’s triggers are highly regarded here on the forum and there’s several users that have them installed in their A2E kits.

If you don’t mind having them shipped from the US, UFOdrums is also a solid option for prebuilt triggers.

I’m not sure how many members have first hand experience with goedrum to be honest. But maybe somebody here can chime in...
          Roland TD-50 & eDRUMin Modules | Superior Drummer 3 | Tama A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | FIELD, ATV, & Roland Cymbals | ACD Unlimited Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | RME HDSPe AIO Interface | Mackie ProFX10v3 Mixer | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & Westone UM Pro 50 IEMs

Comment

Cake pan triggers are how I roll. Easy in and out to convert/revert your a to e setup. And once they are done just set and forget.

Comment

The more you read on this site the more you end up wanting to do. Initially I was just going to use external triggers, then you find this site and move onto pre made bolt in side triggers... then you see ingenious ideas like the cake pan, what a clever solution.

Ive decided to go with 4 side mounted dual zone for the snare and toms and one crossbar centre for the kick from Jobeky.

As the DM10 doesn’t have positional sensoring (something else I never knew about until I came in here)

In future I intend to have a go at converting low volume cymbals and depending on how the Jobeky triggers hold up I might have a go at designing my own take on some of the great ideas on here.

Its a shame I’m no longer on the tools as I had access to all the materials, fittings etc and a full engineering workshop...

Comment

I've been using GoEdrum triggers for my snare and toms and UFO for the kick for about 2 years now, and they work just fine. dual zone for the 13" snare and the 10" tom, and single zone for the 13" flor tom. for the 18" kick I use the UFO bridge with the 5"pilow, and it works fine as well. Paid $84 dollars at Amazon for all the GoEdrum triggers(free shipping, about 2 weeks to get in the USA) and $80 dollars for the UFO.

'

'

Comment

Did you make your own cymbals too?

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

That’s what I started with, a horrible dd505

Comment

2nd hand drum kit, wasn’t in great shape, added grey brushed platinum wrap.

Re-jigged the rack to fit the space I have and accommodate kick drum and toms.

Then finally with the converted low volume cymbals, they are single zone for now. I’m waiting for a few bits and pieces to make 3 zone ride and crash with choke.

i don’t have room to use my 20” ride, so I’m just using my 18” crash instead. Used bottom half of the hi-hat as the 2nd crash for now.

When I eventually move the kit into the yet to be built big garden shed/office/drum room I’ll set my big ride up and use the bottom hi-hat as a splash/China on different kit pre/sets
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Really nice result.

It seems to be a really cheap beginner kit. Is it enough for an A2E or should I settle for something of better quality like Pearl, Mapex...?

Where did you buy the wrap?

What triggers did you use for the LV Cymbals? Do they have good triggering?

Comment

I think the timing pushed the demand for 2nd hand kits up and I was too impatient to wait after being outbid countless times.

so far it’s ok, I suppose I may have to replace a few lugs down the line.. but it’s an electric kit, there’s no need to smash it to bits.

i used jobeki side triggers for toms and snare and a crossbar for the kick, with triple ply skins on everything.

For the cymbals I’m just using cheap piezos meant for guitars off eBay, this is just a quick fix until I get around to making project boxes with the jack and piezo mounted properly inside.

Comment

Originally posted by a2edrummer View Post
                              Is it enough for an A2E or should I settle for something of better quality like Pearl, Mapex...?
                              For electronic conversion is ok just a cheap drum kit, but some people wants the best of the best or just a good looking kit like a Mapex, but is just a personal taste or some people just wants to use a Mapex or Pearl to use them like an acoustic and electronic.

I bought a cheap drumkit without any annoying badge or logos and removal air vents with plastic nuts to putting them back If I want to re-wrap it, I don't know where was made but the wood is in excellent condition.
                              Last edited by Ginnungagap; 07-16-20, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X