Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DIY HiHat controller under the pedal with Pearl Mimic Pro.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY HiHat controller under the pedal with Pearl Mimic Pro.

Hi to Everybody!
    A dear friend of mine developed and built this fantastic Hi Hat controller to be located under the hi hat pedal! It works great with my Pearl Mimic Pro in VH11 or VH12 emulation!
    Here the link to my video test!
    The controller has been made using a pressure sensor and the small box has been built with a 3D printer tailored on my hi hat pedal to be sure that it don't go around while playing!

https://youtu.be/A9AC0XAjylo

It's great the aspect that I can use it paired with any kind of electronic cymbals, it always works great! In the video I used a pair of low volume cymbals with a trigger made by the same guy with the 3D printer and responds great too!
    Give a look to the video!! It's a great piece of gear!!

I have been looking for a FSR foot controller but I don't have time for DIY right now. If he is selling these and ships to the US, send me a PM please. A video in English would be helpful as well.
    Last edited by csnow; 05-05-20, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Might be interested also...

Comment

I've been using my own FSR HH controller on the Mimic for a couple years. It works excellent. I actually built a prototype at the time thinking I would develop it further. But after looking at Mario's (Alternative Mode) EHAT 2 .... I decided against bothering. The EHAT 2 is an FSR controller, designed to fit under the pedal, nicely designed, clean, inexpensive. And it works well. The one thing I recommend with the EHAT2 though is to put a little piece of foam on top of the metal bar, that makes everything smoother. ehat_2_sm.jpg
        I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
        Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

100_2609.jpgMy own.
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
            I've been using my own FSR HH controller on the Mimic for a couple years. It works excellent. I actually built a prototype at the time thinking I would develop it further. But after looking at Mario's (Alternative Mode) EHAT 2 .... I decided against bothering. The EHAT 2 is an FSR controller, designed to fit under the pedal, nicely designed, clean, inexpensive. And it works well. The one thing I recommend with the EHAT2 though is to put a little piece of foam on top of the metal bar, that makes everything smoother.
            I was going to get the ehat based on a previous post of yours, but they are not shipping orders right now. Me thinks you should make me one for a good price

Comment

Foam atop EHAT plunger/bar 93788341_828041134369584_1357289423078686720_n.jpgThis is a previous model EHAT, but placing the foam atop the new EHAT2 plunger/bar is similar. The foam makes it easier to reach the Tight closed position.

Comment

Originally posted by csnow View Post
                I was going to get the ehat based on a previous post of yours, but they are not shipping orders right now. Me thinks you should make me one for a good price
                Good to know .... this Covid19 stuff changes everything .... I got a pkg. back yesterday, an order I shipped to Colombia .. with Red tag on it, from USPS, Mail Service Suspended, Return to Sender!
                Ya Know Chris .... I could do that. Only thing is: It is not a 1 size fits all kinda thing. I cut the foam to fit exactly to the pedal/stand .... but, if you feel like shipping me your HH stand, I could hook you up! J
                I've been using my FSR controller for over 2 years now everyday and it works great.

Comment

I've been using my own FSR HH controller on the Mimic for a couple years. It works excellent. I actually built a prototype at the time thinking I would develop it further. But after looking at Mario's (Alternative Mode) EHAT 2 .... I decided against bothering. The EHAT 2 is an FSR controller, designed to fit under the pedal, nicely designed, clean, inexpensive. And it works well. The one thing I recommend with the EHAT2 though is to put a little piece of foam on top of the metal bar, that makes everything smoother. ehat_2_sm.jpg
                  Wow I did not know about this eHat2! So this one also works under the hihat pedal? and it works paired with any kind of electr. cymbal?

Comment

Originally posted by csnow View Post
                    Hi where are you based?

Comment

Originally posted by rsm View Post
                      Might be interested also...
                      Hi, where are you based?

Comment

As usual you are the pioneer! Great JMan!
                        Are you still use this one with mimic pro?

Comment

Originally posted by violaole View Post

Wow I did not know about this eHat2! So this one also works under the hihat pedal? and it works paired with any kind of electr. cymbal?
                          correct

Comment

Good to know .... this Covid19 stuff changes everything .... I got a pkg. back yesterday, an order I shipped to Colombia .. with Red tag on it, from USPS, Mail Service Suspended, Return to Sender!
                            Ya Know Chris .... I could do that. Only thing is: It is not a 1 size fits all kinda thing. I cut the foam to fit exactly to the pedal/stand .... but, if you feel like shipping me your HH stand, I could hook you up! J
                            I've been using my FSR controller for over 2 years now everyday and it works great.
                            This is exactly what my friend does! He need to build it exactly on the shape of the pedal where it will be installed!

Comment

Originally posted by violaole View Post

This is exactly what my friend does! He need to build it exactly on the shape of the pedal where it will be installed!
                              That is the main reason I didn't persue it. After seeing Mario's EHAT2 it is pretty much universal. It attaches with included Velcro. You slide it back to the point where the paddle almost touches the bottom of the pedal, and that is it. However, the one minor flaw IMO is the activation of the plunger just does not seem to reach the highest resistance, because if you depress the plunger with your finger it will reach a higher resistance which translates to tighter closed position. That is why the extra foam on top of the paddle.

Comment

Working...
                              X