Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2E - TRS Panel and box to organize the Cable Snake and extensions

Hi guys.

I have a TD-17 module on an A2E kit. The TD-17 like some Roland modules will have a cable snake/harness and it is not enough to cover all the drums extension.
    Currently I folded the cable snake and concentrated the tips on one of the rack legs. From there, I used TRS 1/4" female/female couplers and connected the cables that are distributed on the rack. I use velcro to keep everything in place. It is fine, but I am looking to improve this.

I thought in having a box, just big enough to have the cable snake inside of it (folded), plus a panel with multiple female/female TRS connectors so I would concentrate all the cables on it as it was a module.
    In such way, it will be easier to manage/re-install and transport. It would look like another module.
    I found either TRS to XLR or TRS tips for soldering, but I didn't find any female to female connector with thread that I could just connect the cables on it. Is there any face plate like this ready in the market?

Any better ideas?

Thanks

Ronaldo B.

I found some brands selling Panel Mount Female TRS/TRS (no soldering), but it is too long if I take into the consideration all connected. I want something smaller so I think that the best option will probably be to build a panel/face plate with the regular 1/4" jacks with tips in the back so I can solder in pairs (top/bottom), making a small box with space enough to store the extra cables within the box. Then, I can screw a small tube to be used as a holder.
    Ronaldo B.

Comment

you can make your own "snake cables" for your TD-17 [i think it's the same schematic of TD9.]

Comment

Hi Tivi.

Yep. A breakout box with a db25 or the breakout cable with trs tips.

Drum-tec sells the same product for the TD-9, TD-11, TD-15, TD-17 and TD-25 so it should be the same.
        Moments ago I found a thread here in the forum with the wiring map. I will eventually build a custom cable.

If I go for building my own, can the db25 connector be any (the relatively cheap ones) or do I need to have one with something special in terms of material/quality?

Thanks
        Ronaldo B.

Comment

i'm sure you can get something like this and put in a .. "box" with all 1/4" input, and use DB25 cable connect from this "box" to your TD17

https://www.alliedelec.com/product/l...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

also this one https://www.amazon.com/Connector-D-s.../dp/B073RG3GG6

Comment

If I start this small project, I will post the results here.
              Thanks Tivi.
              Ronaldo B.

Comment

Working...
              X