Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Construction question: replace Resonance head with Aluminium plate

Hi,

I recently bought a cheap 13inch steel snare, 3.5 inches deep to convert it to a center mount Trigger to be used with an edrumin module.

I thought to replace the reso head by an Aluminium plate. Fix it with the hoop. Mount Rim Piezo to Center of the plate as well as the hight-adjustable Basis for the head Piezo.

What are your opinions?

Cheers, Frank

Former ddrum4 User, currently setting up new edrum Set with Millenium low-noise Cymbals with stealth conversion, Modules edrumin & drumit five, VST SD3

I'm just wondering about potential resonance traveling to the plate after you strike the pad (and the false triggering that follows), particularly with rimshots. It might depend on if the plate is in direct contact with the steel. Would be interesting, though. Not sure how relatable this video is, since it's not mounted as a head:

Comment

I think, I'll give it a try, as it is not wasting money. But I definetively will use a snare stand to reduce cross talk.

If the direct contact to the steel would negatively impact false triggering, I still can use everything. There are enough options, like putting Isolation Material between steel and plate or just reduce the diameter of the plate and mount it with Isolation (as shown in the vid)

Thanks for Feedback
      Former ddrum4 User, currently setting up new edrum Set with Millenium low-noise Cymbals with stealth conversion, Modules edrumin & drumit five, VST SD3

Comment

Originally posted by Dewaaachner View Post
        There are enough options, like putting Isolation Material between steel and plate or just reduce the diameter of the plate
        i had an old pad with a plate like that, ..shifted the piezo to the side, re-mounted the plate (13") and put a disc of acoustic foam on it..
        with a hole for the cone/ piezo.. now it's as quiet as a pd-125 and triggers better than a 13" with a rt-30hr rim trigger..
        Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

You mean, you shifted the Rim trigger?

Is it still at the plate or is it connected to the shell?

Comment

no, i shifted the center cone more to the side.. so now it's a 'side' trigger.. (i had the plate anyway.. so, why not)
            ..no more hot-spot..
            Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Ah I see, yes I agree especially if I only would use the drumit five.

But I want to check the eDrumin module together with SD3 for positional Sensing.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
              X