X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2E conversión muffling/dampening

Hi everyone!

I am looking for a way to reduce my A2E noise,
    I have different heads on my drums, DrumTec, jobeky, Remo silent Stroke...

I was wondering if anyone have good results by adding foam, blanket, pillows or any other materials to reduce the noise level when drumming.

I live on a flat and although I haven’t had a complain I would like to have the minimum noise when drumming.
    thanks I. advance,

B.
    ATV aD5 - Ludwig Breakbeats A2E conversión - Roland VH11 CY15 CY12 C/R - DDT mounted triggers - DIY Snare

Check this thread.

https://www.vdrums.com/forum/advance...and-assembling

Comment

i've done exactly that.. now working on a 13" floortom.. and i lined the shell with this foam https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...643769855.html
      i put it in 'loose' but now it's noisier than my other diy toms.. so, i'm going to tape it to the shell with double sided tape too..
      you can find this foam (per 1 piece) in tool or d.i.y shops.. i also put a disc on the bottom mesh.. and fold in a disc close to the top head..
      very silent..
      Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Great! Thanks
        ATV aD5 - Ludwig Breakbeats A2E conversión - Roland VH11 CY15 CY12 C/R - DDT mounted triggers - DIY Snare

Comment

yo.. so my old diy toms had center cones and actually those have a silencing effect too.. so, couldn't get my 13" side trigger as quiet..
          then i arched the top disc (under batter head) so that it 'just' touches the middle of the mesh head, and now i have a more silent attack too..
          (and still triggers fine)
          Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Originally posted by Ericdrumz View Post
            yo.. so my old diy toms had center cones and actually those have a silencing effect too.. so, couldn't get my 13" side trigger as quiet..
            then i arched the top disc (under batter head) so that it 'just' touches the middle of the mesh head, and now i have a more silent attack too..
            (and still triggers fine)
            you have photo of this [the inside]? thanks.

Comment

sorry man, i took the head off 5 times to get the 'noise' right.. am not doing it again.. the shell is also lined with foam, like said..
              the arch is like this (lol) just touching the head from underneath (dimples side up) https://www.techbargains.com/deals/c...ervical-pillow

Comment

Working...
              X