Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• open e-drum - rim trigger problem

Hello,

maybe some of you know the open e-drums project. For those who not - Open e-drums is a project where 3d files for e-drum pads are provided. One can print the parts an but the pad together with some screws. They actually look very functtional. The only thing else which is needed is a meshhead.

I printed a 12" inch pad which I want to use as a snare drum, but i have got some problems with the triggering. I'm using an edrumin and a VST.

The problem is that I have way to much signal from the rim trigger. Every time I hit the pad the hit is interpreted as a rimshot. I tried to decouple the mesh trigger with some foam underneath the piezo (because I thought that the energy is transfered to the shell of the pad) but the result was that I had less head triggering but not less rim triggering.

When I look at all the pictures of DIY e-drums I recognize that the rim trigger ist directly mounted to the shell and the head trigger ist mounted on a small plateau above the rim trigger. I did it exactly like this. And the problem is not that I have too less head trigger - in my opinion I have too much rim trigger.

Has anyone had a similar problem or any idea how i can fix this?

Cheers
    Florian
Working...
X