Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting two side mounted triggers.

Hi guys,

I'm not really good in this diy stuff, but basically I use a intrigg trigerra on my snare and I have a spare one, amd I was curious if there is way to connect them so I use 2 side mounted triggers on the snare, left an right. Atv uses 3 I believe.

Yeah, just wire them up in parallel, ie, both red and black (or whatever colour they are) wires from each trigger to the same point on the jack.

Comment

Check out this post too

Comment

Originally posted by ignotus View Post
        Yeah, just wire them up in parallel, ie, both red and black (or whatever colour they are) wires from each trigger to the same point on the jack.
        The trigger looks like this (attached file) Can you explain a bit more, Im really dumb in diy drums.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Vdrummer5; 01-08-20, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I will be using td6v, dont know if that will make a difference
          and will it be good if I put the triggers like the first picture or the second?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Vdrummer5; 01-08-20, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vdrummer5 View Post

The trigger looks like this (attached file) Can you explain a bit more, Im really dumb in diy drums.
            What he's saying is take a soldering iron and disconnect the wires from one of the triggers and extend them by soldering new wires to the that trigger and extend them to the other trigger. Then wire them up in parallel, meaning solder your new extensions to the jack of the other trigger, making sure you keep the "red with red" and "black with black". If you don't have soldering skills, you could do this externally from the jacks, but would need a TRS Y connector. You'd take your stereo lead from the module and split it with the TRS Y connector. Then run the two "sides" of the Y connector to each of your trigger jacks. This should keep things in parallel.

Hope this helps.
            ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post

What he's saying is take a soldering iron and disconnect the wires from one of the triggers and extend them by soldering new wires to the that trigger and extend them to the other trigger. Then wire them up in parallel, meaning solder your new extensions to the jack of the other trigger, making sure you keep the "red with red" and "black with black". If you don't have soldering skills, you could do this externally from the jacks, but would need a TRS Y connector. You'd take your stereo lead from the module and split it with the TRS Y connector. Then run the two "sides" of the Y connector to each of your trigger jacks. This should keep things in parallel.

Hope this helps.
              Thanks for the help man! I will try this, but can you please give me advice on where I should pu the trigger, I uploaded photos in my previous message

Comment

Put them where you're least likely to hit them directly - e.g. at 4:30 and 7:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Vdrummer5 View Post
                  I will be using td6v, dont know if that will make a difference
                  and will it be good if I put the triggers like the first picture or the second?
                  looks like a TD-15 in your attached images, not a TD-6v
                  Alesis STRIKE, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, hart e-cymbal2, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, CY-12R, L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by winterson View Post

looks like a TD-15 in your attached images, not a TD-6v
                    I recieved the td6v today, im selling my td15 and buying a atv cymbal. I dont need td15 anyway i can do sd3 with td6v too

Comment

Put them where you're least likely to hit them directly - e.g. at 4:30 and 7:30.
                      Thanks

Comment

Hi, when I do this today, will I have to adjudt the settings? I already have the best setting for 1 trigger but will it make a differnce when I add the other one

Comment

I can't really say - you may have to but you won't know until you try it out.

Comment

I can't really say - you may have to but you won't know until you try it out.
                            I did it, it works great, just need to fine tune the settings, thanks for the help 20200111_154947.jpg

Comment

I did both triggers on oposite site btw, its works better then next to each other

Comment

Working...
                              X