Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hoping experts can give me some advice for my improving single zone crash design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Russ,

I haven't done mine yet. I did call a local pond guy to beg for scraps

Thanks for the detail Ignotus!

Doug
    Ludwig Accent Combo 5 piece kit | UFO Drums ebridges, 3 ply mesh heads and rim protectors | Yamaha PCY135 on Ludwig stand with DIY hall effect sensor | Yamaha PCY155 ride | DIY Pintech 2 zone crashes with Goedrums piezo's - Myrk membranes| MegaDrum 32 input | eDrumin | Cantabile VST host | Superior Drummer 2 and Jamstix kits | Alto TS115a monitors

Comment

Ha right on, is the pintech sticker on top easy to take on and off or did you have to trash it when you had to drill the holes?

Comment

I'm leaving them as is for now. I use in ear monitors when I play so I'm not hearing the sticks hitting the plastic. When running through the pair of TS115a's you barely hear the stick noise. I will cover them but my current project is adding the Myrk membranes for choke. They just arrived and I'm sorting out placement. I guess for choke it doesn't matter too much. If you're trying to use them as a trigger it gets more complicated. If you click on the photo you can see the screws. I've been placing the project box inside bottom side's rectangular outline. For some reason the small one had it opposite the logo.

pintech_cymbals_tops.jpg

Last edited by dsteinschneider; 01-19-20, 11:41 AM.
        Ludwig Accent Combo 5 piece kit | UFO Drums ebridges, 3 ply mesh heads and rim protectors | Yamaha PCY135 on Ludwig stand with DIY hall effect sensor | Yamaha PCY155 ride | DIY Pintech 2 zone crashes with Goedrums piezo's - Myrk membranes| MegaDrum 32 input | eDrumin | Cantabile VST host | Superior Drummer 2 and Jamstix kits | Alto TS115a monitors

Comment

Wow that looks really clean. Well done!

Comment

Silicon sealant will probably work as well. I used that for bonding EVA foam to Santoprene (a rubber compound) in making cymbals.

If you need any design advice for your Myrk- Instruments Membrane switches just give me a shout!
            Last edited by Myrk-; 01-20-20, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Hi Myrk,

Ignotus straightened my out on the configuration on the MegaDrum. The membranes are working perfectly!

I'm going to order another 10" and 16" for my splash and china

Comment

Working...
              X