Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PinTech practice pads for Conversion, worth my time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PinTech practice pads for Conversion, worth my time?

Hey... first post!

Looking at DIYing some of the PinTech XT5P's into some dual-zones.

Reading a few reviews online with mixed results - it sounds like the main issues are stick noise and dead feel. Perhaps adding a sheet of rubber over them would help fix these.
    One review mentioned issues with the hats - drilling some air holes would fix that.

Does anyone how just how flimsy they are?

Any thoughts on whether these are worth converting?

Cheers!

I used these for my first DIY cymbals. They work great for that but do not compare to real cymbals if that is what you are looking for. They are a bit flimsy but, to be honest, they work just fine. I would order just one and try it for feel and strength before you do any conversion.That way if you do not like the feel then it's little money lost. BTW you can find these cymbals really cheap used on Ebay.

Comment

Cheers - yeah good point, I think I'll do that.
      I live on the other side of the world so "cheap" on eBay often includes shipping prices which are more than the product itself!

Comment

i have several of these, if you want to buy from me i give you good deal PM me and i send photo

Comment

Hi Tivi - I never got your emails... But apparently according to this page, if I make a 3rd post (this post) I should be able to see private messages...

*fingers crossed*

Comment

Originally posted by Sataz View Post
            Hi Tivi - I never got your emails... But apparently according to this page, if I make a 3rd post (this post) I should be able to see private messages...

*fingers crossed*
            Not *exactly* sure how this works; so, let me know. I updated some things a few months ago, but have not asked anyone to actually tell me if & how it goes.
            Alan
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ahhh - nah, still getting blanks sorry!
              I can see my messages but not theirs

Comment

Originally posted by Sataz View Post
                Ahhh - nah, still getting blanks sorry!
                I can see my messages but not theirs
                There is something weird going on. I've noticed a few members exceeding the "3 post" need for approval since a recent vB update. Yours just hit the 4th. Please quote/respond to me again. I'm trying to figure out if it is continuing beyond this.

Edit: Settings are correct; although, I did find I hadn't shut off the access to PMs for unapproved members. This is the stem of confusion as to why you could access it in your first three posts, but not see content. (same for the recipient) Sorry about that part. Also, your profile is showing “approved” now. I’m not sure if this is a server backend issue, or for some reason the system is erroneously waiting until the fourth post. I’ll have to keep digging, but your account looks fixed now.
                Alan
                website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | twitter | message

Comment

Haha yeah I used to run a forum like this many, man years ago before Facebook... Making updates was always a bit risky!

Comment

Working...
                  X