Soldering an SW100 piezo film switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldering an SW100 piezo film switch

Hey everyone. I have one of these that I want to use on my diy trigger for the edge trigger zone. I know Iíve seen guys use this type of sensor to great success. Can someone tell me what holes to solder my wires into? Also, is polarity an issue on these? Is these a positive and negative terminal? Also, what sort of strategy would you use to solder this without harming the sensor? This was expensive and took about 3 months to get so I donít want to mess it up. F4951FCE-E0A7-42B2-AB7D-B27DED8B1346.jpeg

Following the traces, 1-4 are one side and 2-3 are the other. so, those pairs are the same polarity.

One way to go at it is to get a couple of small wires with alligator clips on them, so you don't need to solder anything. Hook them up to your 1/4" jacks and find the best wiring scheme.
    You could also get a multimeter and measure the positive and negative.

DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

So do you think it matters if I solder into 1 and 2 or into 3 and 4? Can trial and error and figure out polarity I guess. I usually use quick connects anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Aka Wayne View Post
        So do you think it matters if I solder into 1 and 2 or into 3 and 4? Can trial and error and figure out polarity I guess. I usually use quick connects anyway.
        no matter... they are on the same trace, as you can see.
        DTX700, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH Kit Pix

My new venture: voglosounds.com

Comment

Working...
        X