Which Wrap ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Wrap ?

I am putting together an A2E kit using some orphan shells I have laying around but having a hard time deciding between these two wraps.
    What looks better - the purple satin flame or the Mapa Burl Blue Burst ?

wrap.JPG

i like the blue one.

Comment

imo neither.. i'd strip the wrap.. sand the shells and put a layer of matte wood oil on them.. (light color)
      | Diy Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Neither... the burl looks like cancer and the purple IMO, just so 60's.

Comment

they're both terrible
          Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

I agree with Ericdrumz, a nice tung oil finish, maybe a matte black hardware, that would look nice!!!!
            Roland TD-25KV, Extra Cymbal, VEX RECORDS, Drum-tec real feel heads. DW 9002 and DW 9500, Vater Sugar Maple Sticks
            Roland RH-300V headphones..... 20 years of playing.... I still suck........

Comment

purple satin flame looks cool to me.

Comment

wood oil is really easy as pie.. you can't mess it up.. instead of with a brush, you put it on with a cloth and rub out.. get a very nice matte finish..
                one layer should be enough.. but with 2 layers you can get darker .. and there are about a dozen color grades from light to darker woods ..
                for ex : this is one layer of 'yard timber yellow' oil on birch.. & excuse for hijacking the thread.. if you don't like wood colors..
                8.JPG
                Last edited by Ericdrumz; 07-19-19, 04:49 AM.
                | Diy Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Of the two I like the purple

Comment

I donít like either but love real wood finishes.
                    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Of the two - blue burl wood.... But agree that you can probably do better with a nice oil finish and/or different wrap all together.
                      Roland TD-30 & TM-6 Modules | Superior Drummer 3 on PC | Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive Maple A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | ATV aD Cymbals | Axis Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & MEE MX4 PRO IEMs

Comment

purple satin flame looks cool to me even more now. Does it reflect the light like the old classic satin flames?
                        Last edited by Howstamychi; 07-21-19, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Howstamychi View Post
                          purple satin flame looks cool to me even more now. Does it reflect the light like the old classic satin flames?
                          Yes - looks really good under stage lights..

Comment

Working...
                          X