22 inch mesh head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 inch mesh head

I just bought a cheap premier bass drum that I want to convert to acoustic.

The only reasonably priced 22 inch mesh heads are the prism. Ive read about them on this forum and other places, but I can't find any comparison between their 2 and 3 ply heads. I would think the 3 ply will be less bouncy?

Does anybody know about these or have any other 22 inch had they would recommend?

Thanks

i just bought a 22" head from 682 drums, it's a 2ply with a "real hit layer". seems like everybody has different opinions/preferences on these things, but found some ok feedback on this forum for 682 so decided to go with it. also bought a 14" with the real hit thing as well, and a replacement cone and it came to ~$100 CAD all in with shipping (so round down by 30% if you're in the states i guess)

it only shipped monday, but i can try to post my thoughts about it whenever i get it if you like.

https://www.682drums.com/xs-pro-bass...341&quantity=1
    Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Iíve played the 22Ē Roland PowerPly (2-ply) and the Drum-Tec 22Ē Real Feel (3-ply). For me, the Drum-Tec heads won and are currently on all of my drums. Itís a bit pricey, but a full set with 4 toms, kick, and snare set me back about $200 USD so I honestly wasnít that offended by the price tag compared to other options out there.

FWIW, Iíve read that the 682 heads are a solid option as well, and Jobeky makes a good 2-ply for those in GB. If youíre in the EU, definitely check out Drum-Tec. They absolutely live up to the hype...
      Roland TD-30 & TM-6 Modules | Superior Drummer 3 on PC | Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive Maple A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | ATV aD Cymbals | Tama Pedals | Tama & Gibraltar HW | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | Simmons DA200S Monitor | V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & MEE MX4 PRO IEMs

Comment

i absolutely love the drum-tec real feel 3 ply heads
        Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

got my 682 heads yesterday. pretty just unboxed and installed them but initial impression i really like the 22". the 14" on the snare not so much. going to search for posts about the issue i'm finding and maybe post a new thread.
          Roland TD-6v, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105BK floor tom, Mapex snare with ISM-6, PDP MX 22" kick with ISM, iron cobra 900 double pedal, 2x hart e-cymbals, CY-5 as splash, CY-8, PCY-130, CY-12R, an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. EZdrummer2+EZX/Addictive Drums 2 VSTs.

Comment

Working...
          X