Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPD-SX Trigger Splitter

Hey all,
    Im a frequent SPD-SX user and am trying to split one of the trigger ports, as they are labeled 1-2 & 3-4. It works fine with a dual trigger (RT-30HR) but am trying to split the other port between an RT-30K on the bass drum, and a V-Drum KD-9 pad. I have tried multiple different splitter cables and adapters, stereo to double mono, some stereo to stereo, I tried using a mixer, nothing is working. It either has both sides trigger one sound or else only one side works.
    Is there a special splitter that I need to make this happen? Or a box of some kind I can rig up? I have decent soldering skills.
    Please let me know if anyone has successfully done this and what I need! Thanks!

Originally posted by cnad88 View Post
    Hey all,
    Im a frequent SPD-SX user and am trying to split one of the trigger ports, as they are labeled 1-2 & 3-4. It works fine with a dual trigger (RT-30HR) but am trying to split the other port between an RT-30K on the bass drum, and a V-Drum KD-9 pad. I have tried multiple different splitter cables and adapters, stereo to double mono, some stereo to stereo, I tried using a mixer, nothing is working. It either has both sides trigger one sound or else only one side works.
    Is there a special splitter that I need to make this happen? Or a box of some kind I can rig up? I have decent soldering skills.
    Please let me know if anyone has successfully done this and what I need! Thanks!
    Maybe it's a rendundat question but have you made sure that the trigger input setting is correct? External trigger inputs have to be set up for dual or single triggers respectively, the module cannot know on its own what is connected to the input. You should use only stereo to double mono splitters and avoid any kind of adapters and mixers as that could hinder the triggering performance.
    •A kits: Mapex Saturn ltd. Mapex Meridian, Ludwig and Pearl snares, Paiste, Anatolian, DW5002TW•
    •Roland TD-12 brain, SPD-SX, Roland RT triggers•
    •Ship kits: TD-12KV, TD-30K, TD-50K•

Comment

Working...
    X