Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to convert this TAMA kit to e-drums

Just picked up this tama junoir kit for $145, wish me luck

Drum sizes include: 18" x 14" kick drum 10" x 8" mounted tom 12" x 8" mounted tom 14" x 12" floor tom 13" x 5" snare drum

Converted this same kit myself about a year ago. It's a perfect candidate as it's a fairly decent quality kit but not expensive enough to worry about converting. The other nice thing is that you can pick up extra toms cheap if you want to add to the kit. Good luck with the conversion!

Comment

Love those sizes for a conversion . I converted a pearl midtown. 16 kick, 10 tom, 13 floor, 13 snare . i added another 10 inch tom as well.my cymbals are triggered Zildjian L80's . Great size for my small apartment. I use a 2box module with some vst' s. I use jman stealth triggers on all my drums and cymbals. They are flawless believe me. Good luck Tivi

Last edited by Jeffo; 05-29-19, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Thank you. What are your triggering systems?

Comment

My current triggers are the stealth internal single side mounts for all my drums including the kick. And for my cymbals a three zone ride for and a few dual zone crashes. With my Roland Td9 rocker and Td 30 kits, I used Stealth crossbar center cone triggers. I know J man has recently released a 6 piezo internal trigger system, 3 head and 3 rim. Definitely on my radar. I am retiring in a month and a half so I will have time to focus more on my kit and GAS, lol!
          Last edited by Jeffo; 05-30-19, 12:01 AM.

Comment

You had me at TAMA.... My first kit was a Rockstar back in Ď91... Today Iím converting my Starclassic Performer B/B kit into a hybrid setup. As much as I respect all of the other brands out there, thereís just something near and dear to me when it comes to anything with a TAMA logo on it.
            Roland TD-30 & TM-6 Modules | Superior Drummer 3 on PC | Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive Maple A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | ATV aD Cymbals | Tama HW & Pedals | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | Simmons DA200S Monitor, V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & MEE MX4 PRO IEMs

Comment

My brother want to put light blue vinyl skin on these tama and i dont know how goong about doing this over the tama logo, any suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

Because the logo is part of the air vent, Iím not so sure... you could always crimp and remove the air vent rivet, then heat the logo shield with a hair dryer to soften the glue and remove with a plastic scraper... Just be careful to no damage the shell or the shield when pulling it off.

Then wrap, re-apply the shield, and finish the air vent with a jack plug adapter. Itís definitely a more permanent approach to the conversion, but as long as you intend on keeping the kit a hybrid / eDrum setup then itís more than fine.
                Last edited by rdubu; 05-31-19, 06:35 AM.
                Roland TD-30 & TM-6 Modules | Superior Drummer 3 on PC | Tama Superstar Hyper-Drive Maple A2E w/ R-Drums Triggers | ATV aD Cymbals | Tama HW & Pedals | Focusrite Clarett 4Pre | Simmons DA200S Monitor, V-MODA Crossfade M-100 OEMs & MEE MX4 PRO IEMs

Comment

Thank you .

Comment

Originally posted by tivi View Post
                    My brother want to put light blue vinyl skin on these tama and i dont know how goong about doing this over the tama logo, any suggestions? Thanks.
                    I used a countersink bit in my electric drill. Use the countersink on the inside part of the air vent until you remove the edge of the vent. Be careful not you go past the vent edge and into the wood. Once you remove that inner edge of the vent, it will slide out with the badge. You can then re-wrap the tom and re-inset the vent with the badge. Looks like new from the outside.
                    Good luck!

Comment

I made my own center mount triggers with parts from HD and Amazon for about $8 each. But I bought foam cones on Ebay for $22 each because it seemed to be the most difficult component. So far, they are working great. I even built my own cymbal triggers for L80s and they work nice too.
                      Roland TD-10 TDW-1
                      Roland TD11 & TD-4 connected to A2E SPL with triggered L-80s

Comment

Originally posted by Dougi View Post
                        I made my own center mount triggers with parts from HD and Amazon for about $8 each. But I bought foam cones on Ebay for $22 each because it seemed to be the most difficult component. So far, they are working great. I even built my own cymbal triggers for L80s and they work nice too.
                        can you show your result? thanks .. pads and L80s cymbals ... there is a L80s cymbal pack on facebook market for $400 with 18" china

Comment

Originally posted by Kent50 View Post

I used a countersink bit in my electric drill. Use the countersink on the inside part of the air vent until you remove the edge of the vent. Be careful not you go past the vent edge and into the wood. Once you remove that inner edge of the vent, it will slide out with the badge. You can then re-wrap the tom and re-inset the vent with the badge. Looks like new from the outside.
                          Good luck!
                          which countersink from this amazon link do you use? thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=countersi...b_sb_ss_i_1_11

Comment

Just bought this 8x7 tom for $34, so my kit will have 8", 10", 12" and 14" tom, 18" kick .. still debating between 13" and 14" snare

https://reverb.com/item/10271171-map...k-blowout-deal

Comment

anyone use this wrap for their drums? thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...RFBZH9IS&psc=1

Comment

Working...
                              X