My new conversion kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new conversion kit

Converted my TD-25kv using a Yamaha Stage Custom Birch shell kit and UFO triggers, heads and rubber rim. I could not be happier. It feels so good to be playing full-sized drums again!

Roland TD-25kv, DW5000 double bass and HH, Yamaha Stage Custom shell kit, UFO triggers, Superior Drummer 3, and a basement full of other music related stuff.

Nice kit! I converted my TD-9 a couple of years ago and never looked back.

Comment

Nice job - awesome setup!
      Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

Comment

cool kit.. best value for money (and nice version with 18" kick..) .. only one cy-8 left to go..
        | Diy Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

great job. I agree, playing actual sizes has made eDrumming much more satisfying. I practice on the eKit and gig with acoustics. So 95% of my drumming is played on the eKit, it really makes bouncing between the 2 much easier.
          Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
          Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

Nice conversion! Do you mind explaining how you're running your module through your mixing components and computer?

Comment

Thank you guys for all the nice feedback. I absolutely love this setup! This is my 3rd, well I guess since the conversion, 4th, e-kit. My first kit was the TD10 back in like '98, then a TD9, then the TD25, and now the conversion. Can't believe I waited this long to DIY my drums!

Chad1200 - In the pre-conversion kit, you see a Yamaha sub-mix, running stereo out to the main mix. I have since eliminated the sub-mix and now run LR straight to the larger console. With the Presonus digital board, I have the UC Control Surface app that allows me to run the entire mix from my iPad. I also run Serious Drummer 3 from the laptop on the right side of the kit, which goes straight to the main mix as well. I eventually would like to pick up a TD-30 or 50 and run individual outs to the console so I have complete control from the iPad. But for now, this will do.
              Roland TD-25kv, DW5000 double bass and HH, Yamaha Stage Custom shell kit, UFO triggers, Superior Drummer 3, and a basement full of other music related stuff.

Comment

what have you used to mount your ipad like that?
                Roland TD-6v all mesh, kick swapped for KD-85 mesh with iron cobra 900 double pedal, added pintech and yamaha cymbals with drum splitters, and swapped CY-5 hi-hat (now using as cymbal) for an L80 hi-hat with cheap-o trigger with goedrum hi hat controller. using free trial versions of GGD, BFD3, SSD5 VST and MTpowerdrumkit.

Comment

impressive

Comment

Working...
                  X