microDrum piezo pad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microDrum piezo pad

Hi everyone, I am putting together a homemade electronic drums, after a lot of research I found the microDrum project, at first this seemed well produced and with enough functions, as I went deeper I realized that a lot of information is missing, the documentation is weak.
    I was able to install on the Arduino, mount the circuit with the multiplexer, I can run the setup program, I can receive the data in the program.
    But I was not able to use anything related to VST in it, I always get an error, so far I have not had any audio output from the system, and I have not yet worked with a standard MIDI port, I hope I have no problems. The MIDI signal is what interests to me.
    The site cites "DrumScope" but there is no instruction, I can not get it to work.

Anyway, I think the biggest problem at the moment is the pads.
    They are giving multiple shots or they are so slow that they lose beats, I can not find the sweet spot.
    Because of the lack of instructions I do not quite understand what each of the configurations does.
    I started to get worried about the construction of the pad itself, I'm using a training battery as a base, for each pad I put sponge on it, then a steel plate and then a rubber.
    The piezo was glued to the steel plate.
    I am worried that this steel plate is the problem, because it is very heavy, it is around 220g.

What do you think?
    Thanks any help or info.
    Thank you very much.

Where did you find info on microDrum? All I could track down was the Github link and it seems like it's been a few years since any update. Posts here from a year or two back also seem to indicate it's more or less "dead". Stuff like that can get very frustrating.

Comment

I can only say that I started to follow that project, even rewrite a website for it at https://microdrum.sourceforge.io/en/ and a project at github, ending without the minimal support from Massimo to get it work after I spent money and time on it, I can only say avoid that stuff and buy a MegaDrum instead.
      Roland TD-12 module, MegaDrum Trigger module, DIY DareStone CLDRUMWH A2E drum conversion, DIY rack using Dixon clamps, Pearl P-932 double pedal, DIY A2E Chang dual zone cymbals.

Comment

Working...
      X