Help with Single Piezo triggering 2 signals both Head and Rim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Single Piezo triggering 2 signals both Head and Rim

Recently purchased some components from UFO Drums to convert my acoustic snare into a dual zone trigger. I setup both piezos, connected them to my Alesis Strike Multipad, and immediately started noticing cross talk. To troubleshoot, I connected only the single head piezo to the TRS jack, and now I see that whenever I hit the head piezo directly, it also triggers the rim's signal. If I repeatedly hit the head piezo directly, my rim's signal then takes priority and only the rim signal is triggered even when I hit around the head.

I took a video to show how it's working: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-i...KxS_p_JVH9SQVR

This photo shows my current wiring:

IMG_0928.JPG

So now what I'm wondering is:
    1. Why would a single piezo be sending 2 signals?
    2. Would a mono 1/4" cable fix this, or could it be a problem with the TRS jack?
    3. Do stereo cables cause problems like this when connected into a dual zone input on a module?

Appreciate any feedback!
    Attached Files

I'm not familiar with the Alesis strike pad. Does the support 2 piezo's? Or does it ony support Piezo/switch inputs?
    You may have connected the head piezo to the rim input.
    Brain: mega drum. 5 toms: DIY mesh head, side-mounted DIY triggers. Snare: 14" 682 head, DIY crossbar trigger. 2xDIY beaterless BD pedal. .Cymbals: Crash: 2x 16" brass: 2 zone. Ride: 20" brass: 2 zone. Hi-Hat: 14" 1 zone DIY Control pedal + Pearl H900 stand. + drum rack:

Comment

Originally posted by Viperr View Post
      I'm not familiar with the Alesis strike pad. Does the support 2 piezo's? Or does it ony support Piezo/switch inputs?
      You may have connected the head piezo to the rim input.
      Yah for some reason I just couldn't get the signals to be isolated 100% of the time on the TRS jack. I switched things up by connecting each piezo to it's own TS jack and then connected those through a 1/4" splitter. All is working great now! Not really sure why my original TRS jack was having problems.

IMG_5651.JPG

Comment

Working...
      X