Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips with UFO eBridge kick drum A2E install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ab1717
    replied
    I also use it on my 18" bass drum with a Prism 3 ply mesh head and Yamaha DTX 502 and it works greatly, just wished the pillow was larger, maybe 7 or 8". paid $83 dollars with shipping, no
    upgrades.

Leave a comment:

• Macarina
    replied
    Just curious... did the KD9 fail? Or you think it fails in it's application within the bass shell?
    If the KD9 is broke, I believe there's instructions, youtube, on how to repair the KD9... Something to consider, if the KD9 works for you.
    Note: I tried the KD9 on my conversion and it just was not good enough. I wound up with a bar trigger.

Leave a comment:

• tivi
    replied
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• ImagesByJDA
    replied
    Excellent, thank you folks for the tips and input!!! Hopefully UFO will ship soon!

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
    as you probably already know, make sure you use a straight edge across the shell next the the trigger cone. the cone should be about 1/16" to 1/8" above the shell's bearing edge .
    i have one on my 20" kick along with a drum-tec real feel head. and plays and triggers fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• super_freak
    replied
    Originally posted by tivi View Post
    what part(s) did you purchase and how much total for 18" or 16" ebridge UFO kick ? the website for order so confusing. Thanks.
    I upgraded to the conical cone and larger piezo (35mm). This is probably overkill since the octacone and smaller piezo would work just fine for the kick. I also got the long stem TRS jack. Total was about $76.

Oh yeah, I'm also using a Billy Blast 3-ply mesh head with an Evans beater patch.

Leave a comment:

• jammin777
    replied
    as you probably already know, make sure you use a straight edge across the shell next the the trigger cone. the cone should be about 1/16" to 1/8" above the shell's bearing edge .
    i have one on my 20" kick along with a drum-tec real feel head. and plays and triggers fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• tivi
    replied
    what part(s) did you purchase and how much total for 18" or 16" ebridge UFO kick ? the website for order so confusing. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Kent50
    replied
    I am also using the UFO eBridge with my 18" kick with a Remo Silent Stroke head and it works perfectly. It's an easy installation and set up. Like SF says, just follow the directions that come with the trigger and your good to go.

Originally posted by super_freak View Post
    I use UFO eBridges on my A2E kit paired with my Mimic.

I also have an 18" bass drum and it triggers just fine. I couldn't be happier. The UFO eBridges for the kick come with a beater pillow that eliminates the need for pillows and blankets.

My only tip is to follow the instructions. It's an easy install.

Leave a comment:

• ImagesByJDA
    replied
    Thats great to hear, thanks for the feedback!

Originally posted by super_freak View Post

I also have an 18" bass drum and it triggers just fine. I couldn't be happier. The UFO eBridges for the kick come with a beater pillow that eliminates the need for pillows and blankets.

Leave a comment:

• super_freak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Any tips with UFO eBridge kick drum A2E install?

I currently have a KD9 that I mounted inside an 18 acoustic kick drum, and the KD9 is failing. Im going to pull it out and try to install the UFO eBridge trigger system and mesh head which will be connected to the Pearl Mimic Pro, so if anyone has any tips Id welcome them!
    Last edited by ImagesByJDA; 01-28-19, 05:23 PM.
Working...
X