Roland RT triggers for a-to-e conversion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland RT triggers for a-to-e conversion

Has anybody used the Roland RT triggers to convert an full 5 piece acoustic kit to an e-kit?

What are pros and cons? Ok, I understand I will not have positional sensing on snare. What else?

I have a TD-25 module and the roland cymbals, and I just bought a Gretsch Catalina Club kit, that I would love to be able to use it in my flat as well. Planning to buy the RT triggers, both side mesh heads (either Roland or drum-tec), and the rim noise eliminator rubber.

Thanks,
    Adrian
    Roland TD-25KV, Drum-tec 14" pro Snare Sapeli, 2xPDX-100, 1xPD-125BK, 1xCY-14C, 1xCY-13R, 1xCY15R, Tama Iron Cobra HP600D Pedal, Tama HH905N Hi-Hat Iron Cobra Lever

For sale AD2 with 4 ADpacks: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/mark...-drums-2-with-4-adpacks

Hi!

I have the RT-10S (now replaced by RT-30 series) on a small Sonor Safari kit with Remo Silent Stroke meshheads. I am using the dual S model for snare and Toms and the K model for the kick.

I think it triggers very well...

i have also another Sonor Force Kit kit with Quartz triggers, Drum-etc 3 ply mesh heads & rim silencers...but I still think my small kit at home with RT-10 triggers performs very good!

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
    Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR, RT-10x,2xBT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Quartz, Pintech Dingbat, Triggera D14,D11, ATV AD-h14, 120MHz MegaDRUM with PS board, 2box 5&3, dd4SE, TD-9, Addictive Drums 2.1.8. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

I've also had good results with the RT-10S and Silent Stroke mesh head on my acoustic snare. However, I don't think this combination is as responsive as a dedicated Roland snare pad, especially when doing press rolls. It does a pretty good job isolating the head and rim so you can get separate snare head and side stick sounds. I don't have any experience with Roland triggers on my toms or bass drum.
      Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

I started using RT10's and K on my toms and kick as a temporary solution till I did something more permanent when I converted my small breakbeats kit. They work so well that Im in absolutely no rush to spend anymore money. I could never get the RT10 working for my snare to the level I expect. It misses the slightest ghost notes. Enough that I couldn't make it work for me. But the toms and kick are awesome. I got all the RT's used off eBay for no more than $25 each.
        Noble & Cooley acoustics. Paiste cymbals.
        Mimic Pro, SPD SX, SPD30, SD3

Comment

I did it with rt30 triggers and i'm very happy with it ,heres a photo 49183537_2211706545823875_78474519991287808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr3-1.fna&oh=72ebe83559dec08d325825ae3aa61782&oe=5CC95982.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by demonocus View Post
            I did it with rt30 triggers and i'm very happy with it ,heres a photo
            Looks very good, thanks!

Did you had to cut the rim silencer rubber? Or were you able to fit the Roland RTs over the rubber?
            Roland TD-25KV, Drum-tec 14" pro Snare Sapeli, 2xPDX-100, 1xPD-125BK, 1xCY-14C, 1xCY-13R, 1xCY15R, Tama Iron Cobra HP600D Pedal, Tama HH905N Hi-Hat Iron Cobra Lever

For sale AD2 with 4 ADpacks: https://www.vdrums.com/forum/mark...-drums-2-with-4-adpacks

Comment

Originally posted by adi View Post

Looks very good, thanks!

Did you had to cut the rim silencer rubber? Or were you able to fit the Roland RTs over the rubber?
              I cut the rubber but its only rubber fuel line hose anyways so no biggie

Comment

Working...
              X