Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Micro Kit

I Built this Micro Kit.

It fits in a golf club case for flying to one off gigs and it is great in an apartment corner.

The Cymbals are 8" Pintec Practice cymbals. I mounted the piezo and jack in a small project box and riveted them to the cymbals. I made the Anti-Spin posts from coat hanger wire that I bent and attached to the stands with tiny hose clamps. I glued mouse pad material on the cymbals to quiet them.

The Rack!
    I made this Triangular rack from an old yamaha rack, got the hinge piece off ebay (the whole rack folds up)

I cast up custom urethane rubber feet and the hinge brace

.I also used adjustable ball joint clamps for the drums

The drums are no name 8" and 10" toms I bought used. I cut them in half with a jigsaw and re-wrapped them with contact paper (Vinyl) for lining shelves. So I have two 8" and two 10" I only have the to 8" toms and the 10" snare on it currently but I can add the other 10" tom as a "Floor tom"

I made the triggers from GoEdrum brackets off ebay, 35mm piezo's, some cut up craft foam letters from Walmart and foam golf balls cut in half. These are wired to 1/4" barrel jacks off ebay.

I originally used Triggera side mount triggers but they all failed within 9 uses, so I built my own

The heads are Billy Blast Ballistic 3 ply heads.

I lined the bottom of the cut off drums with rubber hose from autozone I slit it open and glued it on with e6000 glue

The Kicks are Iron Cobras with The Triggera Kick triggers. These Failed as well. I bought another set. Those Failed, they sent me pre-wired piezo's to put in, those failed in a week so I took them apart and put in my own piezo's and wiring.
    They work well now!

I want to make some lighter cymbal arms and incorporate choke on the crash and a bell on the ride.

I also built a Mini Kit as well as a full size 5 piece, I bought all the parts to make an acrylic mid sized kit with two bass drums and I am about to convert a Traps Drum set, did I mention that I don't play drums?.... I have a problem

5 piece DDRUM A to E Kit: Roland TD-11 Module with DIY Triggers and Mesh Heads, Roland CY-8 Crash, Yamaha PCY-135 Ride and Roland CY-5 Hi Hat using GoEdrum Controller. Plus Two other Complete DIY kits. One mini and one micro

This is excellent! Great ideas for a compact and foldable rack and still keeping a great drum kit aesthetic. Definitely looks the busines. I bet you'd get a few looks by the x-ray security dude at the airport when they see that lot stowed away in a golf club bag.
    www.apartmentdrummer.com

Comment

Yes, I always get that little note in my luggage that TSA has inspected!
      5 piece DDRUM A to E Kit: Roland TD-11 Module with DIY Triggers and Mesh Heads, Roland CY-8 Crash, Yamaha PCY-135 Ride and Roland CY-5 Hi Hat using GoEdrum Controller. Plus Two other Complete DIY kits. One mini and one micro

Comment

Working...
      X