No announcement yet.

Have finished research on acoustic conversion - looking for comments and advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have finished research on acoustic conversion - looking for comments and advice

I've got a Ludwig Accent Combo 5 piece kit I'm going to convert with:

1. Jobeky Tri-Ply mesh heads 5 piece bundle
    2. UFOdrums eBridge 5 drum conversion kit (foam cone piezo sensors bundled with cross bar mounts)
    3. MegaDrum kit - 32 input aluminum case with large LCD.

The above will total about $500.

The goal is too be able to control volume in home rehearsal space.

Software is SD3 running on 12 inch Dell laptop with Behringer UMC202HD interface.

Amplification is Alto TS115's with upgraded Eminence Kappa C 15's.

I'm looking into the Zildjian LV468 kit for quiet cymbals.

Will be rehearsing classic rock and funk/jazz with keyboard, guitar and bass in a 12x12 room.

I researched on this and other forums, talking with drummers and reviews. Any comments/advice appreciated.

BTW, for keyboards I'm running 100 percent VST plugins with a midi keyboard and Cantabile as the host, that's working well.
    Last edited by dsteinschneider; 09-24-18, 12:48 PM.

How much does the MegaDrum run for? You're only looking at a small kit - you could get away with a used Roland TD4 for VST triggering duties.
    Pearl MIMIC Pro, TD50DP, ATV aD5, ATV aDrums Expanded, SD3, Presonus Quantum 2

Comment

Hi molson - If dmitri assembles the 32 input module it's $265 shipped. If you buy the kit it's about $180. You question is a good one - others have commented that I should look for a used module just to keep it simpler. I just looked on ebay - the one TD4 for sale is asking $175. UPDATE - just saw one for $125 from a good seller
      Last edited by dsteinschneider; 09-24-18, 03:42 PM.

Comment

It took me 8 months to finally pull the "trigger' on the acoustic conversion. I decided to get the MegaDrum because I already have an extra laptop/usb interface (Lenovo i5-3360, 16GB, 512SSD - Behringer UMC204HD) running Cantabile mounted on a stand. All I have to do is build a small shelf under the laptop to mount the MegaDrum unit. For sounds I will use Superior Drums 2, Jamstix or the SM MegaReaper Drumkit. I decided to buy the triple ply mesh heads from Mitch at Ufodrums.

Any tips or links on things I should know as I go about installing and fine tuning would be very appreciated.
        Last edited by dsteinschneider; 05-13-19, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X